How selective is Jones Day?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

How selective is Jones Day?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri May 13, 2011 5:38 pm

How selective is Jones Day? I'm particularly interested in the selectivity of their Atlanta and DC offices.

Anonymous User

Re: How selective is Jones Day?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri May 13, 2011 6:00 pm

That's a pretty broad question, dooder.

If you're looking for data points - I got a screener with them for DC...didn't turn into a CB, however. I'm an IP dood who transferred to GW. HTH.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri May 13, 2011 6:13 pm

Ok what about the Atlanta office for a student from UVA/Duke who is also from Georgia (and went to college in Georgia)?

jhett

Postby jhett » Fri May 13, 2011 6:42 pm

DC is way more selective than Atlanta. Jones Day's appellate division in DC is renowned and so it raises the bar collectively for applicants, even though you may not want to do appellate practice.

Overall, selectivity varies despite their "one firm, worldwide" motto. Each office has a lot of autonomy to make their own hiring decisions.

dood

Postby dood » Fri May 13, 2011 6:49 pm

jhett wrote:DC is way more selective than Atlanta. Jones Day's appellate division in DC is renowned and so it raises the bar collectively for applicants, even though you may not want to do appellate practice.

Overall, selectivity varies despite their "one firm, worldwide" motto. Each office has a lot of autonomy to make their own hiring decisions.

i had a CB in DC. from gw it seemed like JD granted hella screeners but not very many CBs...so it seems like the grades bar isnt that high to clear. from duke/uva u prolly need to be top 1/3, but maybe top 1/2. but dude, ITE is hard to predict, especially now since some firms are starting to bounce back. i would bid them if u'r in the top 1/2, thats for sure.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri May 13, 2011 7:02 pm

Thanks for the replies. Any info on the Atlanta office is greatly appreciated.

saladfiend

Postby saladfiend » Sat May 14, 2011 12:04 am

Screeners already? I'm sort of confused. Does early interviewing start for some schools at the beginning, rather than the end, of summer?

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Sat May 14, 2011 12:07 am

More like Jones Gay amirite?

But srsly the people I know at Jones Day ATL are top 1/3 or so at Vandy + LR and Top 5 or so people at Emory + LR.

BruceWayne

Postby BruceWayne » Sat May 14, 2011 12:10 am

rad law wrote:More like Jones Gay amirite?

But srsly the people I know at Jones Day ATL are top 1/3 or so at Vandy + LR and Top 5 or so people at Emory + LR.

Apparently I'm missing something. Jones Gay?

JimHalpert

Postby JimHalpert » Sat May 14, 2011 12:27 am

BruceWayne wrote:
rad law wrote:More like Jones Gay amirite?

Apparently I'm missing something. Jones Gay?

Your self-righteousness is currently in a fistfight with your greatly under-matched sense of humor

BruceWayne

Postby BruceWayne » Sat May 14, 2011 12:31 am

JimHalpert wrote:Your self-righteousness is currently in a fistfight with your greatly under-matched sense of humor

What?

dood

Postby dood » Sat May 14, 2011 3:10 pm

saladfiend wrote:Screeners already? I'm sort of confused. Does early interviewing start for some schools at the beginning, rather than the end, of summer?

last year. im a 3L now.

Return to “Legal Employment”