How to be a Prosecution/PD Gunner?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: How to be a Prosecution/PD Gunner?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:39 am

Anonymous User wrote:San Diego PD applications are still under review. Does anyone have any information?

I was the anon who asked about hourly wage and when offers go out, and I am not sure if the anon below me was responding to me or someone else because some of the information in their post was wrong.

However, I do know SD PD is still doing interviews for the post bar clerkship. I am just unsure of whether any offers have gone out or if not, then when.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: How to be a Prosecution/PD Gunner?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:San Diego PD applications are still under review. Does anyone have any information?

I was the anon who asked about hourly wage and when offers go out, and I am not sure if the anon below me was responding to me or someone else because some of the information in their post was wrong.

However, I do know SD PD is still doing interviews for the post bar clerkship. I am just unsure of whether any offers have gone out or if not, then when.


I'm referring to the SD Deputy PD I app process. My qualifications are being reviewed, and I was just wondering if anyone had a different status. Good luck!

User avatar
spleenworship
Posts: 4421
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:08 pm

Re: How to be a Prosecution/PD Gunner?

Postby spleenworship » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:35 pm

Anyone know how long it took to start hearing back from EJW employers? Or should I just start back there in the 40s and look for myself?

Foosters Galore
Posts: 305
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:15 pm

Re: How to be a Prosecution/PD Gunner?

Postby Foosters Galore » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:San Diego PD applications are still under review. Does anyone have any information?

I was the anon who asked about hourly wage and when offers go out, and I am not sure if the anon below me was responding to me or someone else because some of the information in their post was wrong.

However, I do know SD PD is still doing interviews for the post bar clerkship. I am just unsure of whether any offers have gone out or if not, then when.


I'm referring to the SD Deputy PD I app process. My qualifications are being reviewed, and I was just wondering if anyone had a different status. Good luck!


Out of curiosity, how did you find out about this application? I have an email alert set up with with them but I guess I was never alerted, so I missed the boat.

User avatar
Tanicius
Posts: 2957
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:54 am

Re: How to be a Prosecution/PD Gunner?

Postby Tanicius » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:08 pm

Yeah, I'm confused in general that anyone is even able to apply to SD PD for post-bar positions. My understanding was they only take volunteers until you have actually passed the bar.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: How to be a Prosecution/PD Gunner?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:21 pm

Foosters Galore wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:San Diego PD applications are still under review. Does anyone have any information?

I was the anon who asked about hourly wage and when offers go out, and I am not sure if the anon below me was responding to me or someone else because some of the information in their post was wrong.

However, I do know SD PD is still doing interviews for the post bar clerkship. I am just unsure of whether any offers have gone out or if not, then when.


I'm referring to the SD Deputy PD I app process. My qualifications are being reviewed, and I was just wondering if anyone had a different status. Good luck!


Out of curiosity, how did you find out about this application? I have an email alert set up with with them but I guess I was never alerted, so I missed the boat.


I get the alert from Government Jobs

User avatar
Borhas
Posts: 4852
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: How to be a Prosecution/PD Gunner?

Postby Borhas » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:56 pm

Tanicius wrote:Yeah, I'm confused in general that anyone is even able to apply to SD PD for post-bar positions. My understanding was they only take volunteers until you have actually passed the bar.



Funding for Post-Bar Clerkships

Candidates selected for the Fall Post Bar Program will receive funding through our office to assist in defraying living expenses.

While funding for the Spring Post Bar Program is unavailable at this time, we encourage you to consult your school’s Career Services or counselors to locate, and take advantage of, the many grants and public interest fellowships that may be available


http://www.sdcounty.ca.gov/public_defen ... teers.html

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: How to be a Prosecution/PD Gunner?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:12 pm

SD PD has barely even begun their PD post-bar interviewing. Last year they selected 14 paid post-pars 3/14 came from outside schools the rest were local law students who interned there multiple times-those interviews took place February/March time. SD PD is paid but they do also have some post-bars they allow who are unpaid to be mixed in. you are not automatically hired once you post-bar; you have to interview again but chances are very good but i have heard of post-bars not being hired on.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: How to be a Prosecution/PD Gunner?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:13 pm

Tanicius wrote:Yeah, I'm confused in general that anyone is even able to apply to SD PD for post-bar positions. My understanding was they only take volunteers until you have actually passed the bar.


you are thinking spring post-bars-you probably misread it.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: How to be a Prosecution/PD Gunner?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:28 pm

If I'm understanding the recent posts correctly, people are confusing San Diego PD's paid post-bar clerkship that runs Aug - Nov with a full-time public defender position at the same office? And are 3Ls applying to this full time position?

Regardless, I have an interview coming up for the post-bar program. Any insight on what the interview is like?

User avatar
Borhas
Posts: 4852
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: How to be a Prosecution/PD Gunner?

Postby Borhas » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:If I'm understanding the recent posts correctly, people are confusing San Diego PD's paid post-bar clerkship that runs Aug - Nov with a full-time public defender position at the same office? And are 3Ls applying to this full time position?

Regardless, I have an interview coming up for the post-bar program. Any insight on what the interview is like?


Hypo w/ fact pattern emailed to you an hour or so before interview

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: How to be a Prosecution/PD Gunner?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:10 pm

Borhas wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:If I'm understanding the recent posts correctly, people are confusing San Diego PD's paid post-bar clerkship that runs Aug - Nov with a full-time public defender position at the same office? And are 3Ls applying to this full time position?

Regardless, I have an interview coming up for the post-bar program. Any insight on what the interview is like?


Hypo w/ fact pattern emailed to you an hour or so before interview


What about the PDI interview?

User avatar
Borhas
Posts: 4852
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: How to be a Prosecution/PD Gunner?

Postby Borhas » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:22 pm

No idea

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: How to be a Prosecution/PD Gunner?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:27 pm

Borhas wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:If I'm understanding the recent posts correctly, people are confusing San Diego PD's paid post-bar clerkship that runs Aug - Nov with a full-time public defender position at the same office? And are 3Ls applying to this full time position?

Regardless, I have an interview coming up for the post-bar program. Any insight on what the interview is like?


Hypo w/ fact pattern emailed to you an hour or so before interview


When did you interview? Last year you were given the fact pattern twenty minutes before the interview and it was not emailed to you. you sat in the lobby for 20 minutes and then were called in to talk about it and whatever. At least that's how the interviews went for former interns...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: How to be a Prosecution/PD Gunner?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:07 pm

Any 3Ls hear back from interviews at EJW?

User avatar
Borhas
Posts: 4852
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: How to be a Prosecution/PD Gunner?

Postby Borhas » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Borhas wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:If I'm understanding the recent posts correctly, people are confusing San Diego PD's paid post-bar clerkship that runs Aug - Nov with a full-time public defender position at the same office? And are 3Ls applying to this full time position?

Regardless, I have an interview coming up for the post-bar program. Any insight on what the interview is like?


Hypo w/ fact pattern emailed to you an hour or so before interview


When did you interview? Last year you were given the fact pattern twenty minutes before the interview and it was not emailed to you. you sat in the lobby for 20 minutes and then were called in to talk about it and whatever. At least that's how the interviews went for former interns...


My interview was last year through skype (since I live in Bay Area), and yeah I think it was more like 20-30 minutes

User avatar
spleenworship
Posts: 4421
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:08 pm

Re: How to be a Prosecution/PD Gunner?

Postby spleenworship » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any 3Ls hear back from interviews at EJW?


Not yet. I know it's a little early but I'd love to know anyway.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: How to be a Prosecution/PD Gunner?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:42 pm

has anyone gotten a kind of unclear letter from NJ? Not an outright rejection or anything, but just wondering if anyone else had gotten something after interviews.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: How to be a Prosecution/PD Gunner?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:44 pm

anyone hear back from CO ejw (2L)?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: How to be a Prosecution/PD Gunner?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:anyone hear back from CO ejw (2L)?


They told me they wouldn't be contacting people until December, if I recall correctly.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: How to be a Prosecution/PD Gunner?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:anyone hear back from CO ejw (2L)?


They told me they wouldn't be contacting people until December, if I recall correctly.


soooo looooonnngggggggg.

Void
Posts: 857
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:56 am

Re: How to be a Prosecution/PD Gunner?

Postby Void » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:has anyone gotten a kind of unclear letter from NJ? Not an outright rejection or anything, but just wondering if anyone else had gotten something after interviews.


I got one of these a year ago. Does it basically say "we were impressed with your interview and invite you to apply to the unpaid post-grad internship program?"

User avatar
FlanAl
Posts: 1474
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:53 pm

Re: How to be a Prosecution/PD Gunner?

Postby FlanAl » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:38 am

I just got a first round interview with legal aid. They want me to do a hypothetical summation. Is there another hypothetical in the second round or did I get to skip the technically 1st round interview by talking to them at table talk?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: How to be a Prosecution/PD Gunner?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:46 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:anyone hear back from CO ejw (2L)?


They told me they wouldn't be contacting people until December, if I recall correctly.




Is this for offers or second rounders?

User avatar
Borhas
Posts: 4852
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: How to be a Prosecution/PD Gunner?

Postby Borhas » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:anyone hear back from CO ejw (2L)?


They told me they wouldn't be contacting people until December, if I recall correctly.


they didn't get back to me until May, and I still don't know where I am going to be placed

oh wait, yeah I was a 3L last year




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.