How to be a Prosecution/PD Gunner? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
dreakol

Silver

Re: How to be a Prosecution/PD Gunner?

Post by dreakol » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:21 am

to the people getting Alaska interviews, do any of you have ties to the area?

does anyone know how important ties are to Alaska?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:19 am

Had Philly DA screener in early September. CB scheduled for early November.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:28 pm

dreakol wrote:to the people getting Alaska interviews, do any of you have ties to the area?

I'm one of the 2Ls from above and I have zero ties to alaska

spleenworship

Gold

Post by spleenworship » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:41 pm

dreakol wrote:to the people getting Alaska interviews, do any of you have ties to the area?

This is relevant to my interests.

Borhas

Platinum

Post by Borhas » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:08 pm

Alaska PD would be bad ass, they have to get some truly crazy shit
Last edited by Borhas on Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dreakol

Silver

Post by dreakol » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:22 pm

Borhas wrote:Alaska PD would be bad ass, they have to get some truly crazy shit
dominating the courtrooms during the week. dominating the alaskan wilderness during the weekend. probably as credited a life one can get.

spleenworship

Gold

Post by spleenworship » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:32 pm

dreakol wrote:
Borhas wrote:Alaska PD would be bad ass, they have to get some truly crazy shit
dominating the courtrooms during the week. dominating the alaskan wilderness during the weekend. probably as credited a life one can get.
Now I just have to get the wife to sign up for residency in Anchorage.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Florida C & F isn't all that bad if you have a pretty clean record. It does take a little while but you have some time, right? I think mine took from February to July or so.
Yeah I do except for things I mentioned above so not bad. I have until May. I'm just worried if there's a problem (which I don't see happening but you never know) that I could be screwed from other options.

Also sorry to derail but do we have to list all addresses we lived at since 16 (like all the different dorm addresses and such in undergrad or just our parent's address since it was still the domicile)? Thanks!
I believe you have to list your dorm address.

Myself

Silver

Post by Myself » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:04 pm

Last edited by Myself on Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

seatown12

Silver

Post by seatown12 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:14 pm

ajax adonis wrote:
Rocío wrote: This is purely anecdotal: last year, no 3Ls I knew seemed to have much luck at EJW, including those who had great PD/prosecutor resumes and good grades. 3Ls had a lot more luck outside of EJW through mass mailing/direct applications, OCI, and local public interest/government career fairs. So take that for whatever it's worth, and don't worry if you strike out at EJW. I didn't get any interviews at EJW, for instance (although I didn't apply to some of the offices because I had interviews with those offices through OCI/mass mailing, etc.), and I ended up with offers at the end of it all.
If you can get better results as a 3L doing direct mailing, then what is the point of EJW? SMH.
I know people who got jobs from EJW. Pro move is do everything.

Myself

Silver

Post by Myself » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:18 pm

Last edited by Myself on Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:12 pm

2L - 2 interviews Mecklenburg and Alaska

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:57 pm

3L at a Florida school. Miami screener at OCI in September, CB in Miami scheduled for November.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Rocío

Bronze

Post by Rocío » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:3L at a Florida school. Miami screener at OCI in September, CB in Miami scheduled for November.
Did they completely haze you at your screener? Expect that x10 at your callback.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:17 pm

Rocío wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:3L at a Florida school. Miami screener at OCI in September, CB in Miami scheduled for November.
Did they completely haze you at your screener? Expect that x10 at your callback.
It wasn't all that bad. Just some hypos and weird looks while I answered. What kind of hazing should I expect at the CB?

Rocío

Bronze

Post by Rocío » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Rocío wrote:
It wasn't all that bad. Just some hypos and weird looks while I answered. What kind of hazing should I expect at the CB?
PM me.

84weeks

New

Post by 84weeks » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:49 pm

My friend/ls classmate got Alaska PD last year through EJW. He had no tries to the state but he was able to make a list of reasons for "Why Alaska?" and his resume screams "DEFENDER!"

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:53 pm

Had a Philly DA screener before school started, contacted last week about a call back.

T2, strong regional ties, extensive criminal law law school experience, pre-law school work experience.

Myself

Silver

Post by Myself » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:56 pm

Last edited by Myself on Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:41 pm

Rocío wrote:
PD or SAO?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:11 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Rocío wrote:
PD or SAO?
SAO.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:26 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Rocío wrote:
PD or SAO?
SAO.
What kinds of questions did they ask you during your screener?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:58 am

I had two hypos. After she told me about the office and all that, she asked me if I had heard any of the hypos. I told her I had heard the one about the scenario in which your only witness to a crime dies before trial, you're headed to court to dismiss the charges, and the defendant's attorney intercepts you on the way to tell you that his client wants to plea. She asked me what I would do in that situation. She also asked me a crim pro hypo involving a car search. One of my friends got a hypo about a robbery and the defendant dropping evidence as he ran or something like that.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:00 am

Anonymous User wrote:
I had two hypos. After she told me about the office and all that, she asked me if I had heard any of the hypos. I told her I had heard the one about the scenario in which your only witness to a crime dies before trial, you're headed to court to dismiss the charges, and the defendant's attorney intercepts you on the way to tell you that his client wants to plea. She asked me what I would do in that situation. She also asked me a crim pro hypo involving a car search. One of my friends got a hypo about a robbery and the defendant dropping evidence as he ran or something like that.
So basically she was just trying to test your knowledge of criminal procedure and prosecutorial ethics?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:04 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
So basically she was just trying to test your knowledge of criminal procedure and prosecutorial ethics?
I'm not sure that it was much about knowledge. I think it was more about learning my thought process. But yeah, definitely brush up on crim pro if you have an interview. The question about the car search could have gone either way I think. I went home and looked up the case law and it seems to be split.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”