How to be a Prosecution/PD Gunner?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Mickfromgm

Re: How to be a Prosecution/PD Gunner?

Postby Mickfromgm » Wed May 17, 2017 4:49 pm

FlanAl wrote:Apparently today is the first ever national public defender day. some good stuff under #PublicDefenderDay.

Great, another holiday made up by Hallmark and the Corporate America. . . . ;) Kudos to all PD's out there. . . . I might be calling you one day.

LesterFreamon

Postby LesterFreamon » Wed May 17, 2017 7:19 pm

Hi everyone, super informative thread. Thanks for all the information.

I just finished 1L and am gunning for a prosecutor job in a major city (NY preferably). For those who have gone this route: outside of getting as much experience in a DA office during law school as possible/moot court etc, is there an activity or nonobvious thing that you feel makes someone a stronger candidate?

I'm shooting for some competitive offices, so I'm just wondering if y'all have any input on what DA officers love on a resume.

Thanks!!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed May 17, 2017 8:32 pm

LesterFreamon wrote:Hi everyone, super informative thread. Thanks for all the information.

I just finished 1L and am gunning for a prosecutor job in a major city (NY preferably). For those who have gone this route: outside of getting as much experience in a DA office during law school as possible/moot court etc, is there an activity or nonobvious thing that you feel makes someone a stronger candidate?

I'm shooting for some competitive offices, so I'm just wondering if y'all have any input on what DA officers love on a resume.

Thanks!!

Former NY Ada who conducted OCI interviews:
Evidence, crim. pro, trial ad, mock trial, moot court.
Any group that had a criminal law element (one guy I interviewed was in a group for law students who want to be prosecutors)
Best bet is internship in the office you want to work at and do such an amazing job and be well liked because those references carry the most weight.

Return to “Legal Employment”