Poverty, taste, and biglaw

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Veyron

Re: Poverty, taste, and biglaw

Postby Veyron » Tue May 03, 2011 11:26 pm

pasteurizedmilk wrote:veyron is so mad

No, only a little mad. I'm still in a good mood from OSB getting killed and my crim exam being much easier than feared.

$1.99

Postby $1.99 » Tue May 03, 2011 11:33 pm

lol i still dont understand why law school students still come to this site so often as veyron does, you are like the high school jock that keeps coming back when he is 40 to think about his "glory days"

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue May 03, 2011 11:34 pm

OP,

The biggest snobbery (IMO) will come to 1) traveling and 2) food.

1) Almost nothing you can do about the traveling thing at this point.

2) Food - when finals are over, I suggest a nice restaurant for lunch. Get dressed up, go with a pal, and just get used to it. Read a few restaurant etiquette articles online. Try to learn a bit about wines (basics, really).

Enjoy the summer!

p.s. no one ever finishes their whole meal, save the big bellied older partners. Not saying that you necessarily shouldn't, but just something I noticed.

yngblkgifted

Postby yngblkgifted » Tue May 03, 2011 11:35 pm

$1.99 wrote:lol i still dont understand why law school students still come to this site so often as veyron does, you are like the high school jock that keeps coming back when he is 40 to think about his "glory days"

ouch.

Veyron

Postby Veyron » Tue May 03, 2011 11:39 pm

yngblkgifted wrote:
$1.99 wrote:lol i still dont understand why law school students still come to this site so often as veyron does, you are like the high school jock that keeps coming back when he is 40 to think about his "glory days"

ouch.

I am bluebooking a 30 page piece. Without frequent breaks, I would gouge my fucking eyes out.

Also, law school applicant = glory days? G-d I hope not.

gbpackerbacker

Postby gbpackerbacker » Tue May 03, 2011 11:50 pm

yngblkgifted wrote:

ouch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo4kDrWBa6c

?

ogurty

Postby ogurty » Wed May 04, 2011 3:16 pm

How did this thread get to 4 pages of the douchiest comments imagineable without anyone noticing that OP was a flame?

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Wed May 04, 2011 4:55 pm

Okay, this is getting way too hostile for on-topic.

--ImageRemoved--

Aaand... thread lock, since this thread is kind of pointless to begin with.

Return to “Legal Employment”