DOJ Honors after 1L

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

DOJ Honors after 1L

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:24 pm

Is this unheard of? I know it's probably pretty competitive, but I'm really set on trying to find something paid for 1L summer to save some money (who isn't, I guess...). Does anyone on TLS have experience with a paid gig for the DOJ after 1L?

Anonymous User

Re: DOJ Honors after 1L

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:32 pm

I don't think there is anything for 1L summer paid DOJ. They have competitive unpaid positions and they do have this for 2L summer though:
http://www.justice.gov/oarm/arm/sp/sp.htm

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I don't think there is anything for 1L summer paid DOJ. They have competitive unpaid positions and they do have this for 2L summer though:

On that page it says that anyone with at least 1 semester of law school is eligible to apply. Though it does also say that most individuals selected will have completed 2L by the time they start.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I don't think there is anything for 1L summer paid DOJ. They have competitive unpaid positions and they do have this for 2L summer though:

On that page it says that anyone with at least 1 semester of law school is eligible to apply. Though it does also say that most individuals selected will have completed 2L by the time they start.

It says you need to have completed 1 semester by the application deadline. Application deadline to do it Summer 2011 is September 7, 2010.

vamedic03

Postby vamedic03 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:53 pm

VIP - volunteer intern program - open to 1Ls and 2Ls
SLIP - paid intern program - open to 2Ls and preclerkship 3Ls
Honors - 2 year entry level attorney program - open to 3Ls and judicial clerks

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:22 pm

vamedic03 wrote:VIP - volunteer intern program - open to 1Ls and 2Ls
SLIP - paid intern program - open to 2Ls and preclerkship 3Ls
Honors - 2 year entry level attorney program - open to 3Ls and judicial clerks

Agreed. There are no paid positions for post-1L at DOJ. The best you can do is attend a school with a good public interest stipend for the summer so you at least don't add more debt over summer.

Return to “Legal Employment”