Sports/Entertainment Law Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
trudat15

Silver

Sports/Entertainment Law

Post by trudat15 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:30 am

How hard is it to break in. More interested in sports than entertainment, but have experience/contacts in the entertainment field. Interested in working for a team, or body (NBA/NFL/ETC).

Is it common just to go into a firm, then moving to sports later on, or do ppl actually head off to the NBA (for example) right after law school? I talked to the Dean of Admissions at NU during my interview and he mentioned that one of the students recently went straight from NU to negotiating player contracts for an agency that reps NFL players, then he went on to work at a major media conglomerate. But I assume he was the exception, rather than the rule.

Sup Kid

Silver

Re: Sports/Entertainment Law

Post by Sup Kid » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:55 am

Come on man, you've been on TLS long enough to know how to use the search function. This has been asked and answered more times in the past 6 months than anyone cares to count. Here's the total list for you: http://www.top-law-schools.com/search-f ... x=0&sa.y=0 (and specifically check out the 7th link, there's some good, detailed info in there).

blsingindisguise

Silver

Re: Sports/Entertainment Law

Post by blsingindisguise » Sat May 07, 2011 9:13 am

A law degree in itself is immensely valuable. Given the relatively large number of professional sports franchises and the relatively small number of law graduates (especially who want to do sports law!), it's surprisingly easy to get a job with a team as long as you show a little interest.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”