anyone else losing sleep over their 2L summer job?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
jujujohn

anyone else losing sleep over their 2L summer job?

Postby jujujohn » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:37 am

I have 1 internship offer which has absolutely no chance of leading to a permanent job offer. the thought of looking for a job during 3L year is keeping me up at 4:36 am in the morning. good for out lining though, the fear of unemployment is making me working like a robot.

timbs4339

Re: anyone else losing sleep over their 2L summer job?

Postby timbs4339 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:18 pm

I think you just have to take stock of what you do have, a summer job offer. So many people are still looking. You'll at least start off 3L job hunt holding that credential.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:43 pm

you really have to be thankful just to have anything (even unpaid internship).

robotclubmember

Postby robotclubmember » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:36 am

Anonymous User wrote:you really have to be thankful just to have anything (even unpaid internship).

This is a very sad statement for the field of law. The idea that you should be thankful to work without getting paid while shelling out tens of thousands for your education.

moose

Postby moose » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:32 am

jujujohn wrote:I have 1 internship offer which has absolutely no chance of leading to a permanent job offer. the thought of looking for a job during 3L year is keeping me up at 4:36 am in the morning. good for out lining though, the fear of unemployment is making me working like a robot.

Whats your school's ranking approximately? And where do you fall in class ranking?

Return to “Legal Employment”