Who would you hire?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
FiveSermon

Re: Who would you hire?

Postby FiveSermon » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:14 am

If sexism was enforced as much as URM/AA debates, TLS would be half as fun. *Grabs popcorn*

artichoke

Postby artichoke » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:14 am

Moral_Midgetry wrote:
artichoke wrote:
Moral_Midgetry wrote:
FiveSermon wrote:
Depends on who is hiring.

Studies show if female is hiring they will hire the unattractive female. They don't want better looking girls around.

LOL @ a woman hiring. Funny joke.

I'm sorry, what law school are you going to again?

How is that relevant to me fucking with you? I'm not really sexist, but getting a reaction out of you is just too much fun to let a little thing like being PC get in the way.

That really makes no logical sense, as your first non-"PC" comment came before I said a word. Nice try at thinking that one through though. A+ for effort.

To the OP: I would hire the person at the higher-ranked school. No way would I gamble with a TTT grad who only made top 1/3 of their class.

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:15 am

Moral_Midgetry wrote:How is that relevant to me fucking with you? I'm not really sexist, but getting a reaction out of you is just too much fun to let a little thing like being PC get in the way.

--ImageRemoved--

The Legal Employment forum is not for "fucking with" people.

artichoke

Postby artichoke » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:16 am

FiveSermon wrote:If sexism was enforced as much as URM/AA debates, TLS would be half as fun. *Grabs popcorn*

Yes, I've noticed that hardly anyone takes offense to sexist comments on TLS. Irritating to me, but I suppose most women are used to it by the time they make it to these boards.

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:44 am

artichoke wrote:
FiveSermon wrote:If sexism was enforced as much as URM/AA debates, TLS would be half as fun. *Grabs popcorn*

Yes, I've noticed that hardly anyone takes offense to sexist comments on TLS. Irritating to me, but I suppose most women are used to it by the time they make it to these boards.

Legal Employment is not the place to debate what content is offensive, either. Please either drop this discussion, or move it to the Lounge where it belongs. Thank you for your compliance.

Ty Webb

Postby Ty Webb » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:47 am

artichoke wrote:
Moral_Midgetry wrote:If both are female, whichever one is better looking.

Wow, that's incredibly offensive.

Edited because I see soccer officials.

OP: Go to Arizona. The added advantage is that it's an infinitely better place to live than Ohio.
Last edited by Ty Webb on Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ty Webb

Postby Ty Webb » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:48 am

artichoke wrote:
rad law wrote:
artichoke wrote:
Moral_Midgetry wrote:If both are female, whichever one is better looking.

Wow, that's incredibly offensive.

Yo dawg TLS is not srs bzns

Thanks for the tip, unfortunately as a woman I have to deal with sexist assholes like that on a daily basis, so I have a tendency to take things like that a bit seriously.

ITT: A woman wishes she was hot.

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:52 am

Ty Webb wrote:ITT: A woman wishes she was hot.

--ImageRemoved--

Hopefully people will now understand that I mean it when I say this discussion ends now.

If anyone wants to continue having a Legal Employment discussion, they may do so. Otherwise I suggest they think a little more carefully before posting.

artichoke

Postby artichoke » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:05 am

vanwinkle wrote:
Ty Webb wrote:ITT: A woman wishes she was hot.

--ImageRemoved--

Hopefully people will now understand that I mean it when I say this discussion ends now.

If anyone wants to continue having a Legal Employment discussion, they may do so. Otherwise I suggest they think a little more carefully before posting.

Are you serious? So much inane, irrelevant bullshit is posted on TLS and you flag this because I pointed out it was sexist? That seems a little bit unnecessary. Then again, I'm not a mod so I'm obviously not privy to all the mod-exclusive knowledge you have. :roll:

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:26 am

artichoke wrote:Are you serious? So much inane, irrelevant bullshit is posted on TLS and you flag this because I pointed out it was sexist? That seems a little bit unnecessary. Then again, I'm not a mod so I'm obviously not privy to all the mod-exclusive knowledge you have. :roll:

Since this was a direct response to a blunt warning about not continuing this discussion, guess what you get:

Also, to prevent anyone else from making the same mistake, thread lock.

Return to “Legal Employment”