Tie Clips Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Tie clips: OK to wear as a SA?

Yes
69%
No
31%

Total votes: 16

ResolutePear

Platinum

Re: Tie Clips

Post by ResolutePear » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:57 am

f7u12 wrote:
powerlawyer06 wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:
powerlawyer06 wrote:Don't mind Pear. He/She is sad He/She has nothing real to contribute to the forum.

Tie clips are not pretentious. Small ones, worn appropriately, can be very tasteful. I would go for it.
What are you talking about? I made lmtlstfy.co.cc. Although not extraordinary by any account, is a service nonetheless.

What have YOU done for TLS? Aside from wasting bandwidth?
When you answer someone's legitimate question with that website, you come off as a jerk.

Just Sayin.
There's no legitimate question here. If you're uncertain about your SA attire being douchey, you don't wear it.
This. You also haven't answered my question. You know, since you brought the issue up yourself.

powerlawyer06

Bronze

Post by powerlawyer06 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:06 am

ResolutePear wrote:This. You also haven't answered my question. You know, since you brought the issue up yourself.
All I am trying to say is if you don’t like someone’s question then you don’t have to answer it. There is no need to go out of your way to be rude to them or spend time creating a website to backhandedly insult people.

I could understand if he had said something derogatory or if the post was a flame but this is a well intentioned legitimate question. I am not perfect but you have made sport out of being unhelpful tonight.

jeremysen

Bronze

Post by jeremysen » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:21 am

f7u12 wrote:
jeremysen wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:Can you *NOT* get an answer through the search function for any of them?
You're missing the point...*NO* *ONE* *CARES*
You're missing the point. At least a single fuck was given.
Whoa whoa whoa he used the eff wurrd.

Brilliant deduction - those LSAT skillz really helped huh? Let me run through your thought process:

"He said that no one cares.......but he posted that comment! ( :idea: ) Therefore he must care!!!!"

jeremysen

Bronze

Post by jeremysen » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:21 am

ResolutePear wrote:What are you talking about? I made lmtlstfy.co.cc. Although not extraordinary by any account, is a service nonetheless.

you made that website?? To remind nearly every future poster that he/she should use the search function?
ResolutePear wrote:you would definitely win the douchebag of the year award.

ResolutePear

Platinum

Post by ResolutePear » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:25 am

powerlawyer06 wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:This. You also haven't answered my question. You know, since you brought the issue up yourself.
All I am trying to say is if you don’t like someone’s question then you don’t have to answer it. There is no need to go out of your way to be rude to them or spend time creating a website to backhandedly insult people.

I could understand if he had said something derogatory or if the post was a flame but this is a well intentioned legitimate question. I am not perfect but you have made sport out of being unhelpful tonight.
You really want to go down this route?

Perhaps I'll remind you of the apology thread post:
powerlawyer06 wrote:TL:DR

I am not sure anyone cares...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ResolutePear

Platinum

Post by ResolutePear » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:27 am

jeremysen wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:What are you talking about? I made lmtlstfy.co.cc. Although not extraordinary by any account, is a service nonetheless.

you made that website?? To remind nearly every future poster that he/she should use the search function?
Don't hate. If people knew of the search function on this website, there would be 90% less clutter on every forum except off-topic.

powerlawyer06

Bronze

Post by powerlawyer06 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:32 am

ResolutePear wrote:
powerlawyer06 wrote:

Again...I am not perfect but there is a difference between a legitimate question and people messing around in the lounge.

FYI. I don't like that poster for the same reason I don't like your website. Read his posts, he gives non-sensical needlessly arrogant answers to real questions. Sometimes he is funny but most of the time he is just unhelpful and annoying.
Last edited by powerlawyer06 on Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

ResolutePear

Platinum

Post by ResolutePear » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:35 am

powerlawyer06 wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:
powerlawyer06 wrote:

Again...I am not perfect but there is a difference between a legitimate question and people messing around in the lounge.

FYI. I don't like that poster for the same reason I don't like your website. Read his posts, he gives non-sensical needlessly arrogant answers to real questions. Sometimes he is funny but most of the time it is just unhelpful and annoying.
I had no idea you were the "judge of legitimate questions."

Rest assured, this is going to happen whether you want it or not. It's like I'm raping you in the eyes.

glewz

Silver

Post by glewz » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:35 am

ResolutePear wrote:
jeremysen wrote:

Don't hate. If people knew of the search function on this website, there would be 90% less clutter on every forum except off-topic.
Why don't you make a new topic? Call it "Do not rehash info on TLS Please." Put your website in that topic.

If anyone wants to use the search function to find your post, you're golden.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ResolutePear

Platinum

Post by ResolutePear » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:36 am

glewz wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:
jeremysen wrote:

Why don't you make a new topic? Call it "Do not rehash info on TLS Please." Put your website in that topic.

Yes, because the people too lazy to use the search function ON THE BOTTOM OF EVERY PAGE is going to dig through pages of topics for my one topic.

Brilliant plan.

glewz

Silver

Post by glewz » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:40 am

ResolutePear wrote:
glewz wrote:
ResolutePear wrote: Don't hate. If people knew of the search function on this website, there would be 90% less clutter on every forum except off-topic.

Yes, because the people too lazy to use the search function ON THE BOTTOM OF EVERY PAGE is going to dig through pages of topics for my one topic.

Brilliant plan.
If you followed my brilliant plan, you'd save yourself a thousand posts that don't accomplish a damn thing & act entirely as a bad-mannered retort.

jeremysen

Bronze

Post by jeremysen » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:43 am

f7u12 wrote:
jeremysen wrote:
f7u12 wrote: You're missing the point. At least a single fuck was given.
Whoa whoa whoa he used the eff wurrd.

Brilliant deduction - those LSAT skillz really helped huh? Let me run through your thought process:

"He said that no one cares.......but he posted that comment! ( :idea: ) Therefore he must care!!!!"
Lay off the addy, brother.
Really? that was the best one?

jeremysen

Bronze

Post by jeremysen » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:44 am

ResolutePear wrote:
jeremysen wrote:
People know about the search function. They just don't care about it & your website.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ResolutePear

Platinum

Post by ResolutePear » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:45 am

glewz wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:
glewz wrote:
ResolutePear wrote: Don't hate. If people knew of the search function on this website, there would be 90% less clutter on every forum except off-topic.

Brilliant plan.
If you followed my brilliant plan, you'd save yourself a thousand posts that don't accomplish a damn thing & act entirely as a bad-mannered retort.
Look on every mature, developed forum on the Internet. It is proper etiquette.

jeremysen

Bronze

Post by jeremysen » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:46 am

ResolutePear wrote:Look on every mature, developed forum on the Internet. It is proper etiquette.
I'm gonna end this debate. Which TTT law school do you go to? Be honest.

ResolutePear

Platinum

Post by ResolutePear » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:57 am

jeremysen wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:Look on every mature, developed forum on the Internet. It is proper etiquette.
You should follow more linear lines of thought. I heard you need that.

jeremysen

Bronze

Post by jeremysen » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:01 am

ResolutePear wrote:
jeremysen wrote:
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 4#p3183774
/convo

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ResolutePear

Platinum

Post by ResolutePear » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:08 am

jeremysen wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:
jeremysen wrote:
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 4#p3183774
/convo
This is interesting. And oddly elitist.

Curious, what job did you have when you were 17-20?

jeremysen

Bronze

Post by jeremysen » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:18 am

ResolutePear wrote:This is interesting. And oddly elitist.
That's true...you must be pretty smart since you were able to program that website. It seems though, that you spend most of your free time on TLS and the other reputable forums you mentioned. Add that to a burger-flipping background...

I really don't know where to place you

ResolutePear

Platinum

Post by ResolutePear » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:31 am

jeremysen wrote:
That's true...you must be pretty smart since you were able to program that website. It seems though, that you spend most of your free time on TLS and the other reputable forums you mentioned. Add that to a burger-flipping background...

There is this thing in life called multi-tasking. In fact, it's built into most modern computer systems, too. If you're good at it, you can do more than one thing at a time.

And yeah, I flipped burgers as a company manager. I reiterate, what managerial experience did you have between 17-20? Do you have work experience? I only ask because of the obvious question dodge.

artichoke

Silver

Post by artichoke » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:37 am

oooooh tie CLIPS, I thought you meant clip-on ties. :lol:

I revoke my vote for "no," although tie clips are admittedly almost as lame as clip-on ties in my book.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jeremysen

Bronze

Post by jeremysen » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:47 am

ResolutePear wrote:
jeremysen wrote:

There is this thing in life called multi-tasking. In fact, it's built into most modern computer systems, too. If you're good at it, you can do more than one thing at a time.

And yeah, I flipped burgers as a company manager. I reiterate, what managerial experience did you have between 17-20? Do you have work experience? I only ask because of the obvious question dodge.
I'm fairly well acquainted with multi-tasking, sir - in fact, I am writing this while shitting.

Not a question dodge at all. I'd be happy to detail my resume, provided of course that you respond to my previous question: Which law school do you attend? This information will likely benefit both of us by shortening our conversation. Again, I'm having trouble placing you - your website skillz indicate that you possibly have a brain.....?
Last edited by jeremysen on Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

bergg007

Bronze

Post by bergg007 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:55 am

What's wrong with being a BK manager? Does being employed as a teenager at a fast food place automatically make you a moron? What about if you do it to work through school? Why would a top 20 school not want someone with managerial experience, no matter where it came from?

I was a manager at a movie theater when I was 19, does that make stupid somehow?

jeremysen

Bronze

Post by jeremysen » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:14 am

bergg007 wrote:What's wrong with being a BK manager? Does being employed as a teenager at a fast food place automatically make you a moron? What about if you do it to work through school? Why would a top 20 school not want someone with managerial experience, no matter where it came from?

I was a manager at a movie theater when I was 19, does that make stupid somehow?
I don't have a problem with burger flippers or movie theater managers. We good? fuck off.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:57 am

jeremysen wrote:
bergg007 wrote:What's wrong with being a BK manager? Does being employed as a teenager at a fast food place automatically make you a moron? What about if you do it to work through school? Why would a top 20 school not want someone with managerial experience, no matter where it came from?

I don't have a problem with burger flippers or movie theater managers. We good? fuck off.
Thanks for all the pro tips on how to not come off as a moron online.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Legal Employment”