Tie Clips

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Tie clips: OK to wear as a SA?

Yes
11
69%
No
5
31%
 
Total votes: 16

TheFriendlyBarber
Posts: 258
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:13 am

Tie Clips

Postby TheFriendlyBarber » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:05 am

Tie clips (or tie bars): can I wear one while being a summer and avoid looking like a douche while doing so? I used to think these were ultra-douchey, but I wore one to an event recently on a whim and I got a few compliments. Any thoughts?

If you don't know what these are -->--LinkRemoved--
Last edited by TheFriendlyBarber on Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:18 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273101
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Tie Clips and Other Elements of Sartorial Flair

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:09 am

TheFriendlyBarber wrote:Tie clips (or tie bars): can I wear one while being a summer and avoid looking like a douche while doing so? I used to think these were ultra-douchy, but I wore one to an event recently on a whim and I got a few compliments. Any thoughts?

If you don't know what these are -->--LinkRemoved--

I think you should dress like this everyday:
Image

TheFriendlyBarber
Posts: 258
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:13 am

Re: Tie Clips and Other Elements of Sartorial Flair

Postby TheFriendlyBarber » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:11 am

Anonymous User wrote:
TheFriendlyBarber wrote:Tie clips (or tie bars): can I wear one while being a summer and avoid looking like a douche while doing so? I used to think these were ultra-douchy, but I wore one to an event recently on a whim and I got a few compliments. Any thoughts?

If you don't know what these are -->--LinkRemoved--

I think you should dress like this everyday:
Image


Actually, that's not a bad idea. Once I make partner/start my own firm/end up homeless, I'll make sure to dress like that.

02122015
Posts: 5317
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:57 pm

Re: Tie Clips

Postby 02122015 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:52 am

TheFriendlyBarber wrote:Tie clips (or tie bars): can I wear one while being a summer and avoid looking like a douche while doing so? I used to think these were ultra-douchey, but I wore one to an event recently on a whim and I got a few compliments. Any thoughts?

If you don't know what these are -->--LinkRemoved--

I was more concerned that the guy in your picture tucks his tie under his belt...

User avatar
ResolutePear
Posts: 8614
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:07 pm

Re: Tie Clips

Postby ResolutePear » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:53 am

--LinkRemoved--

TheFriendlyBarber
Posts: 258
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:13 am

Re: Tie Clips

Postby TheFriendlyBarber » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:01 am

ResolutePear wrote:http://www.lmtlstfy.co.cc/?q=tie+clips


This is great. Thank you so much! It's very nice having a pear around (and a resolute one at that!) that will dig things up and help you find the answers you're looking for!

User avatar
ResolutePear
Posts: 8614
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:07 pm

Re: Tie Clips

Postby ResolutePear » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:02 am

Anytime.

User avatar
BackToTheOldHouse
Posts: 862
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:03 pm

Re: Tie Clips

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:08 am

ResolutePear wrote:http://www.lmtlstfy.co.cc/?q=tie+clips

No fucking way. This is awesome. Technology at its best.

jeremysen
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:07 am

Re: Tie Clips

Postby jeremysen » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:08 am

holy sht dude...



ResolutePear wrote:http://www.lmtlstfy.co.cc/?q=interesting+things+to+read

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=152900&p=4281424#p4281424

ResolutePear wrote:http://lmtlstfy.co.cc

Enjoy!

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=128395&p=4281419#p4281419

ResolutePear wrote:http://www.lmtlstfy.co.cc/?q=the+poor+house

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=152863&p=4281389#p4281389

ResolutePear wrote:http://www.lmtlstfy.co.cc/?q=What+if+you%27ve+reached+maximum+%23+of+LoRs+for+a+school

There you go.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=152901&p=4281368#p4281368

ResolutePear wrote:All of these questions are answered through this board's search function.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=152796&p=4280832#p4280832

User avatar
ResolutePear
Posts: 8614
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:07 pm

Re: Tie Clips

Postby ResolutePear » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:10 am

jeremysen wrote:holy sht dude...



Resolute Pear wrote:http://www.lmtlstfy.co.cc/?q=interesting+things+to+read

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=152900&p=4281424#p4281424

Resolute Pear wrote:http://lmtlstfy.co.cc

Enjoy!

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=128395&p=4281419#p4281419

Resolute Pear wrote:http://www.lmtlstfy.co.cc/?q=the+poor+house

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=152863&p=4281389#p4281389

Resolute Pear wrote:http://www.lmtlstfy.co.cc/?q=What+if+you%27ve+reached+maximum+%23+of+LoRs+for+a+school

There you go.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=152901&p=4281368#p4281368

Resolute Pear wrote:All of these questions are answered through this board's search function.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=152796&p=4280832#p4280832


Can you *NOT* get an answer through the search function for any of them?

jeremysen
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:07 am

Re: Tie Clips

Postby jeremysen » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:13 am

ResolutePear wrote:Can you *NOT* get an answer through the search function for any of them?


You're missing the point...*NO* *ONE* *CARES*

02122015
Posts: 5317
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:57 pm

Re: Tie Clips

Postby 02122015 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:16 am

jeremysen wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:Can you *NOT* get an answer through the search function for any of them?


You're missing the point...*NO* *ONE* *CARES*

I care.

User avatar
ResolutePear
Posts: 8614
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:07 pm

Re: Tie Clips

Postby ResolutePear » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:20 am

jeremysen wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:Can you *NOT* get an answer through the search function for any of them?


You're missing the point...*NO* *ONE* *CARES*


If your post had substance, you would definitely win the douchebag of the year award. Alas, it seems you failed at that as well.

User avatar
dr123
Posts: 3503
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:38 am

Re: Tie Clips

Postby dr123 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:20 am

jeremysen wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:Can you *NOT* get an answer through the search function for any of them?


You're missing the point...*NO* *ONE* *CARES*


Looks like you cared

jeremysen wrote:holy sht dude...



ResolutePear wrote:http://www.lmtlstfy.co.cc/?q=interesting+things+to+read

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=152900&p=4281424#p4281424

ResolutePear wrote:http://lmtlstfy.co.cc

Enjoy!

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=128395&p=4281419#p4281419

ResolutePear wrote:http://www.lmtlstfy.co.cc/?q=the+poor+house

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=152863&p=4281389#p4281389

ResolutePear wrote:http://www.lmtlstfy.co.cc/?q=What+if+you%27ve+reached+maximum+%23+of+LoRs+for+a+school

There you go.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=152901&p=4281368#p4281368

ResolutePear wrote:All of these questions are answered through this board's search function.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=152796&p=4280832#p4280832
Last edited by dr123 on Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ResolutePear
Posts: 8614
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:07 pm

Re: Tie Clips

Postby ResolutePear » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:20 am

MSPeast wrote:
jeremysen wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:Can you *NOT* get an answer through the search function for any of them?


You're missing the point...*NO* *ONE* *CARES*

I care.


:D

jeremysen
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:07 am

Re: Tie Clips

Postby jeremysen » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:23 am

beautiful circle jerk

jeremysen
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:07 am

Re: Tie Clips

Postby jeremysen » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:25 am

ResolutePear wrote:
jeremysen wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:Can you *NOT* get an answer through the search function for any of them?


You're missing the point...*NO* *ONE* *CARES*


If your post had substance, you would definitely win the douchebag of the year award. Alas, it seems you failed at that as well.


your posts are very substantive and are not douchey at all

User avatar
ResolutePear
Posts: 8614
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:07 pm

Re: Tie Clips

Postby ResolutePear » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:27 am

jeremysen wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:
jeremysen wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:Can you *NOT* get an answer through the search function for any of them?


You're missing the point...*NO* *ONE* *CARES*


If your post had substance, you would definitely win the douchebag of the year award. Alas, it seems you failed at that as well.


your posts are very substantive and are not douchey at all

--LinkRemoved--

jeremysen
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:07 am

Re: Tie Clips

Postby jeremysen » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:52 am

you're just winning the originality award over and over

TheFriendlyBarber
Posts: 258
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:13 am

Re: Tie Clips

Postby TheFriendlyBarber » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:56 am

My goodness. My once glorious thread has gone to the can of the poop in a matter of seconds.

Must it always be like this on this very turd-infested website?

firemed
Posts: 1195
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:36 pm

Re: Tie Clips

Postby firemed » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:29 am

I really can't see a difference between a tie clip and tie bar to be 100% honest.


Also: http://lmtlstfy.co.cc

is the most awesome thing I have ever seen.

User avatar
Pleasye
Posts: 7957
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: Tie Clips

Postby Pleasye » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:25 am

TheFriendlyBarber wrote:My goodness. My once glorious thread has gone to the can of the poop in a matter of seconds.

Must it always be like this on this very turd-infested website?

Yes.

User avatar
powerlawyer06
Posts: 233
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:20 am

Re: Tie Clips

Postby powerlawyer06 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:45 am

Don't mind Pear. He/She is sad He/She has nothing real to contribute to the forum.

Tie clips are not pretentious. Small ones, worn appropriately, can be very tasteful. I would go for it.

User avatar
ResolutePear
Posts: 8614
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:07 pm

Re: Tie Clips

Postby ResolutePear » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:49 am

powerlawyer06 wrote:Don't mind Pear. He/She is sad He/She has nothing real to contribute to the forum.

Tie clips are not pretentious. Small ones, worn appropriately, can be very tasteful. I would go for it.


What are you talking about? I made lmtlstfy.co.cc. Although not extraordinary by any account, is a service nonetheless.

What have YOU done for TLS? Aside from wasting bandwidth?

User avatar
powerlawyer06
Posts: 233
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:20 am

Re: Tie Clips

Postby powerlawyer06 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:54 am

ResolutePear wrote:
powerlawyer06 wrote:Don't mind Pear. He/She is sad He/She has nothing real to contribute to the forum.

Tie clips are not pretentious. Small ones, worn appropriately, can be very tasteful. I would go for it.


What are you talking about? I made lmtlstfy.co.cc. Although not extraordinary by any account, is a service nonetheless.

What have YOU done for TLS? Aside from wasting bandwidth?


When you answer someone's legitimate question with that website, you come off as a jerk.

Just Sayin.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.