Waiting is the hardest part

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Waiting is the hardest part

Postby TTH » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:18 pm

So back in February I interviewed with a firm and the lady seemed to like me. She told me she'd let me know something in late March. I shot a follow e-mail a couple weeks ago and she told me she'd let me know something within a couple weeks. Well, the "couple weeks" will pass tomorrow and still no answer.

There's another firm I interviewed with 16 days ago, and they said they'd let me know something within a week or so. No answer from them either.

I know I'm prolly getting dinged, but I need to know one way or the other so I can lock up an RA position before it's too late. I just contacted the first firm a couple weeks ago around the same time I interviewed with firm B. Would it be too pushy of me to follow up with them tomorrow afternoon if I still haven't heard anything?

Re: Waiting is the hardest part

Postby seatown12 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:34 pm

No. This is crunch time any employer should understand.

If they gave you a timeline, its reasonable to expect a response within that timeline and check back again if you don't get one.

Plus, if you stay positive then worst case scenario you just come across as too excited about potentially working for them.

Return to “Legal Employment”