Did you tell your 2L SA firm about your externships??

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Did you tell your 2L SA firm about your externships??

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:36 pm

Hey guys....this is for everyone who worked as an academic year extern after accepting a 2L SA gig. Did you guys update your firm as to your externship, or are you just planning on telling them when work starts and when conflict checks are done?

Sup Kid

Re: Did you tell your 2L SA firm about your externships??

Postby Sup Kid » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:38 am

Anonymous User wrote:Hey guys....this is for everyone who worked as an academic year extern after accepting a 2L SA gig. Did you guys update your firm as to your externship, or are you just planning on telling them when work starts and when conflict checks are done?

I'm surprised you didn't have to do a conflict check yet -- I had to do one in January, and I think its rare that you'd be allowed to start working without a check being done first. However, just make sure that your firm isn't a party to any matter you handle in your externship, and you should be fine for the check. Making a list of all the parties would also make your life easier when it comes time to fill it out.

Return to “Legal Employment”