Traveling as New Associate

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
pjo

Traveling as New Associate

Postby pjo » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:13 am

A friend of mine is starting at a Big 4 accounting firm this summer and he mentioned that they already told him he’ll be travelling for a good portion of the year. He asked me if new associates travel much and TBH I have no clue. I know it varies by firm and probably practice group, but how often, it at all, do new and junior biglaw associates do business related traveling? Which practice groups have to travel the most/least?

BarbellDreams

Re: Traveling as New Associate

Postby BarbellDreams » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:10 am

I have a friend who is a senior associate at a V100 who travels weekly to argue motions. She said a big part of getting the job was the fact that she passed both the NY and Texas bar and that was very marketable, but after about her 4th trip to NY she said she absolutely hates traveling.

Return to “Legal Employment”