Loyola PLIP thread for 2011

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Loyola PLIP thread for 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:38 pm

When did you receive the callback for Dickstein?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard from :

Dickstein Shapiro or Frommer Lawrence and Haug?

CB from Dickstein

Has anyone gotten a CB from Jenner?

Which office for Dickstein?

I got dinged at Jenner Chicago.

NYC

Yea, when did you get it? Today?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:When did you receive the callback for Dickstein?

Today. Made my day a little bit brighter too - was coming out of the worst interview in the history of interviews at OCI

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:When did you receive the callback for Dickstein?

Today. Made my day a little bit brighter too - was coming out of the worst interview in the history of interviews at OCI

Congrats:)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:37 pm

CBs from king & spalding, wilkie farr by phone

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:CBs from king & spalding, wilkie farr by phone

Office?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:53 pm

New Rule- if you are going to post info, post the damn office.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:CBs from king & spalding, wilkie farr by phone

Office?

sorry..both NY

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:32 pm

Ding from baker botts Austin - email.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:58 pm

anyone been dinged by MBHB?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:22 pm

Ding from Baker Botts Austin/Dallas.

Has anyone heard back from Kirkland's LA office?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:42 pm

Anyone recieved a rejection email/letter from Goodwin Procter DC yet?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:14 am

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone recieved a rejection email/letter from Goodwin Procter DC yet?

nope - not yet. but i may have mail back at my other address (not sure if it's still forwarding).

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:16 am

Knobbe anyone? My ideal firm. sigh.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:36 am

Anonymous User wrote:Knobbe anyone? My ideal firm. sigh.

I am interviewing with them at the SFIPLA fair this weekend. They might be waiting for that round of interviews.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:39 am

I heard from them today

erico

Postby erico » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:50 am

Anonymous User wrote:I heard from them today

worst response ever.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:55 am

Anonymous User wrote:I heard from them today

As did I

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:12 am

0/4 at LPLIP thus far, 1 snail-mail rejection from Banner Witcoff DC, where the interview was the most awkward and inattentive (interviewers showed no interest despite the preselect, so I shut down from the start (p.s. for interviewers -don't choose someone for a preselect if you plan on ignoring their credentials from the start - you come across as only using me to build your interview skills and I will absolutely never work for you after that clown-show)) interview I've attended in my life. I had one non-DC-NY interviewer tell me that they are making final decisions in 4-5 weeks, so it may be a while before we hear back, for the non-biglaw people here.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:54 am

Anonymous User wrote:0/4 at LPLIP thus far, 1 snail-mail rejection from Banner Witcoff DC, where the interview was the most awkward and inattentive (interviewers showed no interest despite the preselect, so I shut down from the start (p.s. for interviewers -don't choose someone for a preselect if you plan on ignoring their credentials from the start - you come across as only using me to build your interview skills and I will absolutely never work for you after that clown-show)) interview I've attended in my life.

This. The interview lasted less than 15 mins, the only one I had that did not go the full 20 mins.

It was very obvious that these people had no real interest in me -- and that there was probably nothing I could have done to change that. The guy was yawning throughout the whole thing. The rejection was almost a relief actually. The idea that I might have had to accept a job there was unsettling.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:03 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:0/4 at LPLIP thus far, 1 snail-mail rejection from Banner Witcoff DC, where the interview was the most awkward and inattentive (interviewers showed no interest despite the preselect, so I shut down from the start (p.s. for interviewers -don't choose someone for a preselect if you plan on ignoring their credentials from the start - you come across as only using me to build your interview skills and I will absolutely never work for you after that clown-show)) interview I've attended in my life.

This. The interview lasted less than 15 mins, the only one I had that did not go the full 20 mins.

It was very obvious that these people had no real interest in me -- and that there was probably nothing I could have done to change that. The guy was yawning throughout the whole thing. The rejection was almost a relief actually. The idea that I might have had to accept a job there was unsettling.

And this is why we hear about the ubiquitous "fit" model for firm matching. I actually had a great interview with them and it ran over time because we lost track and were engaged. They were very interested not only in my credentials, but in my interests outside of school. who knows..

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:11 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

And this is why we hear about the ubiquitous "fit" model for firm matching. I actually had a great interview with them and it ran over time because we lost track and were engaged. They were very interested not only in my credentials, but in my interests outside of school. who knows..

So have you heard back from banner?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:36 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

That's great, but I can't agree that it's really about fit in my case. They really, really just did not seem to care. Within 2 mins it was already clear to me that these people were only going through the motions. Perhaps because they had already met you? ;-P (my interview was on Friday).

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:42 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

That's great, but I can't agree that it's really about fit in my case. They really, really just did not seem to care. Within 2 mins it was already clear to me that these people were only going through the motions. Perhaps because they had already met you? ;-P (my interview was on Friday).

I mean i was the day prior, but i doubt that's the reason. who knows what's going on with people on any given day. given the description of your experience, I would have felt the same way about them if that had happened to me. That's why it makes it seem like fit. They don't fit what you want based on how your experience was.

erico

Postby erico » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:03 am

oops

Return to “Legal Employment”