Loyola PLIP thread for 2011

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Julio_El_Chavo

Re: Loyola PLIP thread for 2011

Postby Julio_El_Chavo » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:57 pm

mebeSajid wrote:
Julio_El_Chavo wrote:
englawyer wrote:any idea of the typical timeline for callbacks? when do we lose all hope? :P

If you haven't heard anything for about a week, you should start expecting a rejection letter.

Depends on the firm. Some firms told me a month, but the interviews that went better said a week or two.

I've never heard of anyone getting a CB from the LPIP a month after screening interviews.

LogosEther

Postby LogosEther » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:18 pm

Julio_El_Chavo wrote:
mebeSajid wrote:
Julio_El_Chavo wrote:
englawyer wrote:any idea of the typical timeline for callbacks? when do we lose all hope? :P

If you haven't heard anything for about a week, you should start expecting a rejection letter.

Depends on the firm. Some firms told me a month, but the interviews that went better said a week or two.

I've never heard of anyone getting a CB from the LPIP a month after screening interviews.

One of mine said it'd be a while because they want to hit up OCI before calling anyone back...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:29 pm

LogosEther wrote:
Julio_El_Chavo wrote:
mebeSajid wrote:
Julio_El_Chavo wrote:

One of mine said it'd be a while because they want to hit up OCI before calling anyone back...
A firm I interviewed with said they won't be deciding till their 1L SAs have chosen whether to come back or not.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:40 pm

which firms are these?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:which firms are these?
Either McAndrews or Marshall Gerstein for the 1L thing. Can't remember but I think it was McAndrews.

erico

Postby erico » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:47 pm

Sounds like McA to me.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:39 am

What are everyone's thoughts about hearing back from firms today? Think we will see a lot of action?

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:03 am

Anonymous User wrote:What are everyone's thoughts about hearing back from firms today? Think we will see a lot of action?
Personally, my thoughts are that I'll never hear back and I'll consequently end up living in a cardboard box after my LOLCI and tiny/overly competitive home markets are through shaming me, but hey, call me crazy for looking on the bright side.

My feeling is that there won't be much action (though maybe a little) till Thursday at the very earliest.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:27 am

I sent a thank you email to one of the firms (OSNNM) I interviewed with, and they said it was a pleasure meeting with me and that I should hear back from them within the next couple of weeks. Hope that helps if you interviewed with them!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:00 am

Are call backs actually uh... telephone call backs? I'd imagine they would follow up by email, right? I ask, not because I did that great and expect calls right away, but because my number has changed from the original resume to the updated one. Someone else has the old number now. I can easily see someone at a firm mistakenly calling the old number and leaving me a message there. But my email has remained the same.

Also, I am pretty sure I saw this asian girl get a telephone call back on Friday afternoon.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:33 am

Anonymous User wrote:Are call backs actually uh... telephone call backs? I'd imagine they would follow up by email, right? I ask, not because I did that great and expect calls right away, but because my number has changed from the original resume to the updated one. Someone else has the old number now. I can easily see someone at a firm mistakenly calling the old number and leaving me a message there. But my email has remained the same.

Also, I am pretty sure I saw this asian girl get a telephone call back on Friday afternoon.

I have one that did a phone call-back, followed up by an email, but another one only left a voicemail message on Friday and did not follow up with an email.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Are call backs actually uh... telephone call backs? I'd imagine they would follow up by email, right? I ask, not because I did that great and expect calls right away, but because my number has changed from the original resume to the updated one. Someone else has the old number now. I can easily see someone at a firm mistakenly calling the old number and leaving me a message there. But my email has remained the same.

I have one that did a phone call-back, followed up by an email, but another one only left a voicemail message on Friday and did not follow up with an email.

Do you mind sharing which firms?

Bosque

Postby Bosque » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:07 pm

In my experience last year, they split pretty evenly between phone calls and emails, although even the emails usually directed me to call the office back. If you gave everyone an updated resume though, they should have entered the new number. I wouldn't worry too much now, there is not really anything you can do at this point. Hopefully you included an alternate number (like a relative's landline) or they will think to email you if the phone doesn't work.

I actually got a callback by letter last year once, which was weird as hell.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:19 pm

let the dings begin. crowell.

englawyer

Postby englawyer » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:let the dings begin. crowell.

sorry to hear it. but IMHO callback > ding > nothing 8)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:04 pm

If you don't mind, how did they contact you?
They are one of my top choices...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:If you don't mind, how did they contact you?
They are one of my top choices...

email. i don't have great dc ties and they (he) seemed wary of that.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:45 pm

Has anyone received an email from Paul Weiss? Got a callback via phone on Saturday saying to expect an email with further instructions, but have yet to get the email.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone received an email from Paul Weiss? Got a callback via phone on Saturday saying to expect an email with further instructions, but have yet to get the email.

No, not yet

wiseowl

Postby wiseowl » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:43 pm

Julio_El_Chavo wrote:
mebeSajid wrote:
Julio_El_Chavo wrote:

I got callbacks into the second week of September from PLIP last year.

Julio_El_Chavo

Postby Julio_El_Chavo » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:48 pm

wiseowl wrote:
Julio_El_Chavo wrote:
mebeSajid wrote:
Julio_El_Chavo wrote:

I got callbacks into the second week of September from PLIP last year.

I'm not surprised, but from what I've heard from others, it seems that the vast majority of callbacks are given within the first month after the screening interview.

wiseowl

Postby wiseowl » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:52 pm

Julio_El_Chavo wrote:I'm not surprised, but from what I've heard from others, it seems that the vast majority of callbacks are given within the first month after the screening interview.

I think that's probably right. I was merely trying to blunt your categorical assertion a bit.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:55 pm

WilmerHale (Palo Alto) ding came via email :/

Julio_El_Chavo

Postby Julio_El_Chavo » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:56 pm

wiseowl wrote:
Julio_El_Chavo wrote:I'm not surprised, but from what I've heard from others, it seems that the vast majority of callbacks are given within the first month after the screening interview.

I think that's probably right. I was merely trying to blunt your categorical assertion a bit.

I was just saying that I have never personally heard of anyone getting a CB that late from LPIP in particular. I personally received CBs from mass mailings and online applications after four weeks or more.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:13 pm

i've heard of CBs from S&W and Nixon

Return to “Legal Employment”