Loyola PLIP thread for 2011

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
User avatar
IrwinM.Fletcher
Posts: 1196
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:55 pm

Re: Loyola PLIP thread for 2011

Postby IrwinM.Fletcher » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:are people sending thank you emails to every firm?
...i made a mistake on 4 of the thank you emails i sent...(wrote that it was nice meeting them on Wednesday instead of Thursday)...worth it to send a quick correction acknowledging my mistake?



QFtypicalIPAspiness.

ETA: Do not, whatever you do, send an email correcting your fuck up on a thank you note. Just hope they don't notice.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273547
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP thread for 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:37 pm

i thought it was awkward when only one of the interviewers talked. but i still had to make eye contact with the other so he didn't think i thought he was invisible. (see, e.g., A+B).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273547
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP thread for 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:i thought it was awkward when only one of the interviewers talked. but i still had to make eye contact with the other so he didn't think i thought he was invisible. (see, e.g., A+B).

Steptoe was bad about that, and they were on opposite sides of the room so itwas tough to engage both of them at times

Anonymous User
Posts: 273547
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP thread for 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:i thought it was awkward when only one of the interviewers talked. but i still had to make eye contact with the other so he didn't think i thought he was invisible. (see, e.g., A+B).

Steptoe was bad about that, and they were on opposite sides of the room so itwas tough to engage both of them at times


ditto re: steptoe.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273547
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP thread for 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:59 pm

Some of the more fun interviews I had were Banner and Goodwin. Also was surprised that MWE was pretty cool (though not everyone agreed on that).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273547
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP thread for 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:03 pm

finnegan was awesome. kirkland LA was a bit too conversational. i forgot it was an interview at times...but not in a good way.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273547
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP thread for 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:05 pm

Did anyone interview with Lerner David or Fitzpatrick Cella? If so, what did you think and have you heard anything back yet?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273547
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP thread for 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Did anyone interview with Lerner David or Fitzpatrick Cella? If so, what did you think and have you heard anything back yet?


I interviewed with Fitzpatrick. He seemed to really want to test how smart I was. Asked me about some legal writing..theories, issues, arguments etc. Kind of nerve-wracking for an interview but I guess that was the point.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273547
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP thread for 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Did anyone interview with Lerner David or Fitzpatrick Cella? If so, what did you think and have you heard anything back yet?


I interviewed with Fitzpatrick. He seemed to really want to test how smart I was. Asked me about some legal writing..theories, issues, arguments etc. Kind of nerve-wracking for an interview but I guess that was the point.


He did the same thing to me. I couldn't figure out what he was thinking at all. Did he say anything about when he would be getting back to you?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273547
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP thread for 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Did anyone interview with Lerner David or Fitzpatrick Cella? If so, what did you think and have you heard anything back yet?


I interviewed with Fitzpatrick. He seemed to really want to test how smart I was. Asked me about some legal writing..theories, issues, arguments etc. Kind of nerve-wracking for an interview but I guess that was the point.


He also did not ask me for an updated transcript or anything else for that matter.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273547
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP thread for 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Did anyone interview with Lerner David or Fitzpatrick Cella? If so, what did you think and have you heard anything back yet?


I interviewed with Fitzpatrick. He seemed to really want to test how smart I was. Asked me about some legal writing..theories, issues, arguments etc. Kind of nerve-wracking for an interview but I guess that was the point.


He did the same thing to me. I couldn't figure out what he was thinking at all. Did he say anything about when he would be getting back to you?


nope, didn't say anything about that. I didn't ask either.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273547
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP thread for 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:22 pm

Finnegan was awesome. Lots of energy in the room! Felt like I could talk to them for another hour. Does anyone know when they get back to us? Hopefully they haven't started yet because I felt pretty good with them. WilmerHale boston office felt good too. He noted up my resume with tons of stuff as I was talking. Thought there was no more white space left on there when I was done

We should start up a thread like last year so that we know which firms have started callbacks or rejections and what was form of callback/rejection

Good luck!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273547
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP thread for 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:27 pm

Merchant and gould seemed like he had already made up his mind when I walked through the door. Within five minutes he said I should be hearing back from them within a week and that they like to make offers to students before oci starts so that we their students don't have to stress out.

*crosses fingers

Anonymous User
Posts: 273547
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP thread for 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:finnegan was awesome. kirkland LA was a bit too conversational. i forgot it was an interview at times...but not in a good way.


interesting. i thought K&E SF/SV went well for me. good blend of conversation with opportunity to actually talk about my resume.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273547
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP thread for 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:28 pm

not sure if it helps, but wilmerhale boston said to expect to hear back really soon. so it seems like they're going to be quick about this. of course, "really soon" varies.

User avatar
erico
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:56 am

Re: Loyola PLIP thread for 2011

Postby erico » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:30 pm

..
Last edited by erico on Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273547
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP thread for 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Finnegan was awesome. Lots of energy in the room! Felt like I could talk to them for another hour. Does anyone know when they get back to us? Hopefully they haven't started yet because I felt pretty good with them. WilmerHale boston office felt good too. He noted up my resume with tons of stuff as I was talking. Thought there was no more white space left on there when I was done

We should start up a thread like last year so that we know which firms have started callbacks or rejections and what was form of callback/rejection

Good luck!
:? Yeah I felt the exact same way. I hate that there's no way to gauge how they went, since everyone but the most awkward kids connect with the good interviewers. I was fortunate enough to have an obscene number, but I still feel like I could easily get nothing out of this but the ability to interview well and a few good stories. 48 hours and I'm already losing my cool over the waiting. A) I hate TLS for doing this to me and B) man I'm pathetic :lol:

Anonymous User
Posts: 273547
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP thread for 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:not sure if it helps, but wilmerhale boston said to expect to hear back really soon. so it seems like they're going to be quick about this. of course, "really soon" varies.


He said the same to me. He said "wilmer hale likes to get back to you really soon". I felt like he was about to tell me not to worry and that the interview went well. Did you get same vibe? Was your pretty conversational as well? He seemed pretty interested in learning more about pretty much everything on my resume. Lol

Anonymous User
Posts: 273547
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP thread for 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:not sure if it helps, but wilmerhale boston said to expect to hear back really soon. so it seems like they're going to be quick about this. of course, "really soon" varies.


He said the same to me. He said "wilmer hale likes to get back to you really soon". I felt like he was about to tell me not to worry and that the interview went well. Did you get same vibe? Was your pretty conversational as well? He seemed pretty interested in learning more about pretty much everything on my resume. Lol


pretty much.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273547
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP thread for 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:35 pm

erico wrote:..


LOL. I had the opportunity to read thois before you got rid of it. I hope he meant call back and not just because you are from there! Good luck!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273547
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP thread for 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
erico wrote:..


LOL. I had the opportunity to read thois before you got rid of it. I hope he meant call back and not just because you are from there! Good luck!


haha. i should have just left it. a little paranoid. yeah basically he said, 'see you back in X.' and so ever since then i'm thinking, is that because i'm from there? or does that mean cb? if i ever interview someone i'm going to play mind games with them.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273547
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP thread for 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:53 pm

Ugh. The wait is already killing me. I'm not sure which I hate more - waiting for callbacks from firms or acceptance/rejection letters for law school admissions. The path to becoming an attorney is quite the emotional rollercoaster - I blame the legal profession for taking 2-3 years of my life away due to exorbitant stress-induced anxiety.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273547
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP thread for 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:08 pm

Can anyone that went to the Fish suite tell me the recruiter's name/email that was there? She was from the SilValley office. Wasn't able to get a card.

(feel free to PM this to me)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273547
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP thread for 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Can anyone that went to the Fish suite tell me the recruiter's name/email that was there? She was from the SilValley office. Wasn't able to get a card.

(feel free to PM this to me)


sent

Anonymous User
Posts: 273547
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP thread for 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:are people sending thank you emails to every firm?
...i made a mistake on 4 of the thank you emails i sent...(wrote that it was nice meeting them on Wednesday instead of Thursday)...worth it to send a quick correction acknowledging my mistake?

also, i heard sterne kessler and jones day offered at least one call-back already. however, i did not interview with them; this is completely based on what a friend (who got the callbacks) said.

looks like things are moving fast...



Which Jones Day office?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.