More Emory employment transparency Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
FGCUguy123

Bronze

Re: More Emory employment transparency

Post by FGCUguy123 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:49 pm

Omerta wrote:
MrAnon wrote:It isn't limited to Emory.
Fantastic! I hope you attend a top-quality school. Thank you for you graciously donating your spite to lower ranked institutions. I hope that the prestige you've acquired sustains you for the two years during which you and your similarly bile-filled associates work on some horrific securities phylactery in an anonymous NY basement. You'll be let go for "underwhelming performance" of course, but at least you didn't go to Emory.

You are why people hate lawyers: you spew meaningless invective, offer problems without solutions, and create problems if there isn't one just to remind people you exist.
--ImageRemoved--

beachbum

Gold

Post by beachbum » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:26 pm

Omerta wrote:You are why people hate lawyers: you spew meaningless invective, offer problems without solutions, and create problems if there isn't one just to remind people you exist.
Sounds like he'll be effective at generating those billables and will surely be an asset to his future firm.

gobucks101

Gold

Post by gobucks101 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:29 pm

beachbum wrote:
Sounds like he'll be effective at generating those billables and will surely be an asset to his future firm.
You have to avoid making your interviewer want to stab you in the eye with a ball point pen. I give it 50/50

rose711

Bronze

Post by rose711 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:07 am

To OP

Thanks so much for posting this information. I hope it helps the unemployed 3Ls a bit to know that they are not alone. I think this number of unemployed is shocking to actually see in print. It is one thing to guess at what the hiring numbers might be, but to see results that are trustworthy being this bad, is eye-opening.

I am sure this employment pattern is not limited to Emory and I am also sure that at many many many schools the employment pattern is much worse.

Maybe the 3LS that are organized enough to collect this information can get some collective moral/job seeking support going.

YourCaptain

Silver

Post by YourCaptain » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:17 am

In all fairness while poor these numbers were better than I expected.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

emorystud2010

Bronze

Post by emorystud2010 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:07 pm

Last edited by emorystud2010 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

EmoryThreeL

New

Post by EmoryThreeL » Fri May 27, 2011 2:33 pm

Such an awesome thread ended up overtaken by the bickering of idiots. That's no surprise when considering the children on this forum.

Anyway, a 2011 ELS grad is collecting employment data right now which lists the actual places people are going. There are only about 30 entries in approximately a week's worth of the survey being open. Most of the jobs reported are solid places. I suspect the people without jobs won't answer it.

I won't post this data because it is far too specific and potentially outing to a number of my classmates. I'll give a general idea, though: V50 firmS, COA clerkshipS, federal clerkshipS, other firms, PI jobs, in house counsel, bankruptcy court clerkships, a state court of appeals clerkship, financial sector jobs. Maybe other things as I'm in a hurry, but there you have it.

I refuse to differentiate between non-Vault firms that are mid-law or small-law as I don't care. Therefore, aside from V50 firms (prestigious firms are the V50, to be honest), I've named the other firms as other firms.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”