sexual harassment? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
dresden doll

Platinum

Re: sexual harassment?

Post by dresden doll » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:36 pm

f7u12 wrote:
Objection wrote:
Naturally as my gf of nearly a year would attest to.

Anyway, its been two years...move on.
Then don't come out of the woodwork to needlessly discredit the OP of sexual harassment threads. It's pretty damn creepy.
Aw, but you can't ask a bird not to fly.

flcath

Silver

Post by flcath » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:39 pm

Help me TLS!!!

I am a litigator for a successful plaintiff's firm in the deep south, and we are suing the gun manufacturing industry on a negligent distribution theory for the wrongful death of a man shot (along with several of his coworkers) by a crazed, laid-off former employee.

My issue is this: it seems the defense has acquired a well-know jury consultant, and he is using underhanded tactics of bribery and intimidation to swing the jurors to his side! Just to add one more twist to this mayhem, there appears to be a 'stealth juror' on board as well, and he's auctioning off his purported ability to sway the verdict to the highest bidder.

I have tapped into my firm's reserve account for $10M, but I can't decide if I want to wire this juror the money. I'm torn between my genuine desire to see justice done in this case (and to finally hold the gun manufacturers accountable for their crimes!), and my unerring, common-sense, home-spun Southern morality.

I don't know what to do!

ResolutePear

Platinum

Post by ResolutePear » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:40 pm

flcath wrote:Help me TLS!!!

I am a litigator for a successful plaintiff's firm in the deep south, and we are suing the gun manufacturing industry on a negligent distribution theory for the wrongful death of a man shot (along with several of his coworkers) by a crazed, laid-off former employee.

My issue is this: it seems the defense has acquired a well-know jury consultant, and he is using underhanded tactics of bribery and intimidation to swing the jurors to his side! Just to add one more twist to this mayhem, there appears to be a 'stealth juror' on board as well, and he's auctioning off his purported ability to sway the verdict to the highest bidder.

I have tapped into my firm's reserve account for $10M, but I can't decide if I want to wire this juror the money. I'm torn between my genuine desire to see justice done in this case (and to finally hold the gun manufacturers accountable for their crimes!), and my unerring, common-sense, home-spun Southern morality.

I don't know what to do!
Donny, is that you?

flcath

Silver

Post by flcath » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:42 pm

ResolutePear wrote:

I don't know what to do!
Donny, is that you?
PLZ EDIT!!!!

Don't out me, bro! I came to this thread looking for help; b/t my issue and the OP's, this could easily be the most important TLS thread of all-time!

ResolutePear

Platinum

Post by ResolutePear » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:44 pm

flcath wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:

I don't know what to do!
Donny, is that you?
PLZ EDIT!!!!

Don't out me, bro! I came to this thread looking for help; b/t my issue and the OP's, this could easily be the most important TLS thread of all-time!
ZOMG! I CAN'T EDIT JOOZ QUOTE!! ALL IZ FAILZ.

On a serious note.. back on topic?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:44 pm

mallard wrote:ooh damn, this is the RAPE battle thread :(
Ouch.

Let's cut all this off. This is the LEGAL EMPLOYMENT forum. If people want to give OP advice, that's great, please return to doing that. If people want to smack each other around like this, take it elsewhere or get the hammer.

And those calling flame have had their opportunity to do so, and should take their energy elsewhere that would in their opinion be productive.

worldtraveler

Platinum

Post by worldtraveler » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:25 pm

OP:

Just to let you know that if you try other avenues and nothing helps, you can report your office to the EEOC Federal Office. You file a claim, they investigate it for free. It's also something to threaten if no one seems to be listening to you. You can also use the results of their investigation should you need to sue.

Kohinoor

Gold

Post by Kohinoor » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:14 pm

so... what the fuck happened in this thread?

ResolutePear

Platinum

Post by ResolutePear » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:15 pm

Kohinoor wrote:so... what the fuck didn't happen in this thread?
FTFY.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”