Cotchett, Pitre hiring information request

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Cotchett, Pitre hiring information request

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:07 pm

Does anyone know much about Cotchett & Pitre? Do they hire new graduates, or do they require a certain amount of experience? What is their starting salary?

Alternatively, does anyone have suggestions for any other litigation boutiques (preferably mainly plaintiffs side but not required) with California and NYC offices?

I am employed for this coming summer at a big law firm, but certain circumstances are forcing me to start looking for jobs in other locations.

Renzo

Re: Cotchett, Pitre hiring information request

Postby Renzo » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:05 pm

Do you want lit boutiques or plaintiff's side firms, because those are very different questions.

I don't know the specific firm you asked about, but many plaintiff's firms can't regularly hire new attorneys, but will hire 1 or 2 year fellows, and if that person is able to develop enough business to keep themselves employed, they stay.

As for lit boutiques, there are some that hire new lawyers, some only hire post-clerkship, some hire only more experienced laterals.

Anonymous User

Re: Cotchett, Pitre hiring information request

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:20 pm

Renzo wrote:Do you want lit boutiques or plaintiff's side firms, because those are very different questions.

I don't know the specific firm you asked about, but many plaintiff's firms can't regularly hire new attorneys, but will hire 1 or 2 year fellows, and if that person is able to develop enough business to keep themselves employed, they stay.

As for lit boutiques, there are some that hire new lawyers, some only hire post-clerkship, some hire only more experienced laterals.

I guess that was a bit unclear. I'm mostly looking for smaller plaintiff's side boutiques in the Cotchett vain.

I know of the major litigation boutiques (Susman, Keker, Beck Redden, Bartlit Beck, so on and so forth).

Looking for others that do pretty much only litigation, with a heavy emphasis on plaintiffs work.

Return to “Legal Employment”