Advice on 1L summer options

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Advice on 1L summer options

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:44 pm

Currently, for this summer, I have a part time RA position and a part time (10 hours a week or less) unpaid internship that is not PI but kind of in house. I have an interview tomorrow with a firm that is the smaller office of one in the city. Full time and paid. I am not sure what to do if I get the job.

I figure that the firm would look better on my resume, and I am dirt poor so I could use the money. I don't mind working a lot of hours a week, but I do not think that I will be able to go home in the summer. Any advice on what I should do in the event that I get the job?

Thank you.

edit: I have also already started to do work for the part time in house position, which is where part of the concern comes in. I also think that I might be there for use of Lexis, but I am unsure.

and I am a 1L

Anonymous User

Re: Advice on 1L summer options

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:08 pm

So now the prof. for my part time RA position has offered to make it full time, and I have until Friday to decide whether to accept. I still have not heard back from the firm job, and I don't know if I will until after Friday. Should I risk the full time position for a job offer that I might not get?

Return to “Legal Employment”