Dollar amounts on resumes?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Dollar amounts on resumes?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:15 am

I am updating my resume for upcoming summer legal networking events, seminars, etc. that I will be required to participate in as part of my upcoming summer position. The most recent position, a temporary analyst type position to bridge the gap between my fall semester graduation and law school, I will be adding to it has involved working in the group within a company in charge of spearheading value adding initiatives (setting up new product pilots, solving operations problems, collateral demand modeling, and so forth). As a part of the position, I have been put in charge of managing/reducing cost on a multi-million dollar line item. Would it typically be a good idea to put details about the monetary value of a project on a resume? Or is this something that is frowned upon?

Anonymous User

Re: Dollar amounts on resumes?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:29 pm

Maybe it depends on what you want to do. I put monetary values on my resume for past experience where I helped out with closing large figure transactions. I don't think it harmed me at all with interviews and it helps to show the significance of the work I helped out with (IE: these were significant transactions for the company). MBA students and professionals in the financial industry put monetary values on their resume all the time. I don't think it would hurt, but it may not help you any if you don't want to pursue corporate opportunities. -Although PI litigation lawyers mention the extravagant settlements they've been able to get all the time... so yeah, I don't think sticking some figures on your resume will hurt you at all.

Return to “Legal Employment”