Personal Injury for 1L

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Personal Injury for 1L

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:42 pm

Would working for a very small personal injury firm (think car accidents, minor medmal) for 1L look bad on a resume?

I would get tons of great experience, but I dunno if there is a stigma attached to working in this type of firm.

YourCaptain

Re: Personal Injury for 1L

Postby YourCaptain » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:14 pm

No why? Look - it's substantive experience and you will be very close with your supervising attorneys.

You might actually figure out something useful in comparison to "doing research" on the Constitutional rights of a meatball.

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Would working for a very small personal injury firm (think car accidents, minor medmal) for 1L look bad on a resume?

I would get tons of great experience, but I dunno if there is a stigma attached to working in this type of firm.

I really don't think so. Sounds like you would get practical experience and exposure to a firm environment that most of your peers won't have. YourCaptain is right in that a number of your classmates will likely be doing seemingly irrelevant work in areas that they will never again touch. At least you will have something undoubtedly practical to speak of. I don't think it leaves a bad stigma at all.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:27 pm

That's great to hear. now I just gotta nail the interview and get the job! Provided, of course, that I do not win the lottery tonight :)

lawfuture10

Postby lawfuture10 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Provided, of course, that I do not win the lottery tonight :)

Lottery has been my Plan A all year.

swc65

Postby swc65 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:50 pm

lawfuture10 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Provided, of course, that I do not win the lottery tonight :)

Lottery has been my Plan A all year.

me too!! We should start a TLS pool so we can win like those seven people who have to split 200 mil in Albany. I vote that I keep the tickets and collect the money. :twisted:

OP if you don't want the job, I'll take it. Seriously PM the person's number/email!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:35 am

Anyone know how much I should accept/ask as compensation?

alexonfyre

Postby alexonfyre » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone know how much I should accept/ask as compensation?

10% of settlement.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:59 pm

alexonfyre wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone know how much I should accept/ask as compensation?

10% of settlement.

Let's hope there is a good multi-million dollar settlement that happens to open and close during this summer!

Return to “Legal Employment”