Gunning for Asia

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273366
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Gunning for Asia

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:47 pm

I'm working for a US firm's Asia office this summer. Does anyone know what they'll likely make me do? Will I get to work with American law at all? Will I still be doing legal research via Westlaw & Lexis?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273366
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Gunning for Asia

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:29 pm

how did you get hired?
was it a local program or through us biglaw recruiting.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273366
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Gunning for Asia

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:how did you get hired?
was it a local program or through us biglaw recruiting.


local recruiting. does that matter in terms of what work they'll let me do? its a v50 firm and the partners who interviewed me all have american law degrees (jds).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273366
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Gunning for Asia

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:38 pm

im actually interviewing for something in asia. can you create a screen name so I can ask some questions?

Thanks

Anonymous User
Posts: 273366
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Gunning for Asia

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:20 am

Anonymous User wrote:im actually interviewing for something in asia. can you create a screen name so I can ask some questions?

Thanks


sure - ask me questions.

edit: my username is "thescienceguy" accidentally posted anonymously.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273366
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Gunning for Asia

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:im actually interviewing for something in asia. can you create a screen name so I can ask some questions?

Thanks


sure - ask me questions.

edit: my username is "thescienceguy" accidentally posted anonymously.


PMed.

Thanks




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.