Viability of solo practice after a few years of experience. Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Rooney

Silver

Re: Viability of solo practice after a few years of experience.

Post by Rooney » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:42 am

BeautifulSW wrote:I feel compelled to add:

-Never, EVER play games with your trust account.
I left it off my list because messing around with the trust account is actually a serious ethical violation and possibly criminal so the "dicho" should go without saying, so to speak. But in my long, dolorous experience, trust accounts DO get messed with. So there you are.

Excellent way to be disbarred. Check out your state bar website and see all the people who get suspensions...most of the ones who are straight up disbarred involve mishandling $ and a TA

Tdawg7669

New

Re: Viability of solo practice after a few years of experience.

Post by Tdawg7669 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:31 pm

Just thought I would bump this as eventually I am going to have to make the choice between going with the best school I get into or going with the best school I get into with scholarship money.

Ideally I think I would rather have my own firm than work in big law/in house legal counsel. I was torn between law school and business school until I realized that ITE finding a job that top MBA programs will accept as worthy with my philosophy degree probably is not going to happen.

That being said going this route also seems a lot riskier in the long term if I have the option of going to a school that gives decent big law prospects.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”