Switching Offices

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Switching Offices

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:41 pm

Provided I get an offer at the firm I'm summering at, how and when should I go about telling the firm that I want to work at another one of their offices. Fiance has a job there that he can't leave. Thoughts?

Drake014

Re: Switching Offices

Postby Drake014 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Provided I get an offer at the firm I'm summering at, how and when should I go about telling the firm that I want to work at another one of their offices. Fiance has a job there that he can't leave. Thoughts?

Generally hires are made on an office by office basis (so the fact you wanna leave shouldn't be voiced too early). I wouldn't bring it up before you started working there but I would ask your Career Development Office what their opinion is.

Sup Kid

Re: Switching Offices

Postby Sup Kid » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:41 pm

At the end of the summer, assuming you get an offer, go talk to their head of recruiting and explain the situation. For many firms they make hiring decisions on an office-by-office basis, and they won't be able to accommodate you, but it's worth asking.

Return to “Legal Employment”