Summer Housing in SF

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
roguebear

Summer Housing in SF

Postby roguebear » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:02 pm

I thought it might be useful if there were a summer housing forum for law students, but since theres not I'm putting this in Legal Employment (as the most related thing I can think of).

Is anyone on TLS looking to sublet a place this summer in SF from the last week of May till the end of July? Does anyone have suggestions for where to look for places? Craigslist is pretty bare at this point in time and the NALP apartment exchange had only 1 or 2 apartments listed in SF at all. How have others found their summer places?

crumpetsandtea

Re: Summer Housing in SF

Postby crumpetsandtea » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:10 pm

roguebear wrote:I thought it might be useful if there were a summer housing forum for law students, but since theres not I'm putting this in Legal Employment (as the most related thing I can think of).

Is anyone on TLS looking to sublet a place this summer in SF from the last week of May till the end of July? Does anyone have suggestions for where to look for places? Craigslist is pretty bare at this point in time and the NALP apartment exchange had only 1 or 2 apartments listed in SF at all. How have others found their summer places?

I think SBL was talking about something like this? I'm not sure if he was looking for or offering a sublet though, or if the room is still free.

roguebear

Postby roguebear » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:21 pm

Oh I forgot to add that i'm looking for 2BRs for a friend and me. Though separate housing is the backup plan.

Borhas

Postby Borhas » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:12 pm

roguebear wrote:I thought it might be useful if there were a summer housing forum for law students, but since theres not I'm putting this in Legal Employment (as the most related thing I can think of).

I'll ask some classmates for ya

anyone know about summer housing in San Diego?
(June through mid August)

let's make this topic into a sticky thread

it's getting to be around that time of the year

Aukshell

Postby Aukshell » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:09 pm

Hastings has an apartment complex and they rent out rooms to visiting law students during the summer. You can find more info here: --LinkRemoved--

random5483

Postby random5483 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:15 am

Housing in SF is crazy expensive. You might want to consider renting in the East Bay and taking the BART (public transport / subway or train of sorts) to SF.

A low end studio in SF is going to run you in the 1-1.5k range. Without roomates/etc, you are unlikely to find any affordable housing in the city, even if you are willing to live in the cheaper areas.

a male human

Postby a male human » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:04 pm

I live in a room in a house in Daly City (couple blocks away from BART), which is just south of SF. It's $675 including all utilities and Internet. Depending on where my summer job is, I will need to sublet it out during that time. I'll PM you if I end up looking for subletters.

roguebear

Postby roguebear » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:13 am

Well coming from NYC, anything less than 1.5k seems like a steal. haha. But really I want to try to experience what living in the city is like. I lived in berkeley for 4 years already (without the commute though). I know it costs more, but I'm willing to pay it for 2 months to see.

vb007

Postby vb007 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:22 am

You may be able to rent an apt at Hastings for the summer. I go there and a lot of students are moving out in May. Contact Pansy Mar at marp@uchastings.edu or by telephone at 415 557 0985 . Hope this helps.

Return to “Legal Employment”