Undergraduate Internship

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Undergraduate Internship

Postby LilGuy » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:31 pm

How do you apply UG summer internships at law firms? Do you just call the front office and ask if they hire UG interns? Is it too late?

Most offices are closed by this time, or else I would call right now. So if anyone has ever done such an internship, please feel free to chime in.

Re: Undergraduate Internship

Postby BarbellDreams » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:14 pm

I mean, most law firms have LAW STUDENTS begging them for unpaid internships, unless you have some serious connections I very much doubt you will get any sort of internship from a halfway decent firm as an undergrad.

Re: Undergraduate Internship

Postby Stanford4Me » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:21 pm

Disclaimer: I have no idea whether or not this is standard

The firm I'll be working with this summer told me they have a program for undergrads who may want to go to law school. I was told the work is extremely boring and not at all exciting, but it gives them some exposure. I have no idea if other firms do this (I doubt they do). I would send an e-mail to the recruiting director at firms in your area.

http://www.nalpdirectory.com will give you the information you need.

Return to “Legal Employment”