Arkansas legal market? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
GotYourselfAStewGoin

New

Arkansas legal market?

Post by GotYourselfAStewGoin » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:09 pm

Shot in the dark here:

Does anyone have information on the Arkansas (Little Rock especially, but also Northwest Arkansas) legal market? I didn't see anything searching the forums. What's the market rate on starting associate salaries at bigger firms (Friday, Rose). Is there a chance for T14 applicants with ties to enter the market, or do the UA's have a stranglehold on the market?

pulp

New

Re: Arkansas legal market?

Post by pulp » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:12 pm

bump. would also like to know.

RVP11

Gold

Post by RVP11 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:10 pm

I can't think of a single market in the country where T14 people with ties to the area can't get the best jobs.

GotYourselfAStewGoin

New

Post by GotYourselfAStewGoin » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:22 pm

Which makes perfect sense, of course, it just seems in my cursory review of the attorneys at a few Little Rock firms that almost everyone is from either UA or UALR. It seems like there would have been at least a few T14s or especially Vanderbilt/Texas mixed in there.

Anyone have any insight on the salary portion of the question?

drylo

Bronze

Post by drylo » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:05 pm

RVP11 wrote:I can't think of a single market in the country where T14 people with ties to the area can't get the best jobs.
I agree, but I would qualify that statement a little bit by saying that you still need to have good grades at the T14. It seems that just going to a T14 (and having a median GPA) is not as impressive to local firms as finishing at/near the top of the class at the top local school.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”