Summer Externship Programs - Public Interest, Need input!!

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
elsboiler

Summer Externship Programs - Public Interest, Need input!!

Postby elsboiler » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:21 pm

Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if their schools had externship programs over the summer that you are able to get credit for? If so, if you are working in public interest do you have to pay for the credits?

I would really appreciate any input- Thank you!

Crazy4lawzzz

Re: Summer Externship Programs - Public Interest, Need input!!

Postby Crazy4lawzzz » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:23 pm

Some schools will have a public interest fund. You can also try to get paid by applying to summer programs that have their own funding.

mi-chan17

Re: Summer Externship Programs - Public Interest, Need input!!

Postby mi-chan17 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:39 pm

GW allows unpaid work to qualify as outside placement, which you get credits for. If someone does outside placement during summer they can either have it counted as a summer class OR they can have those credits rollover. If the person has it counted as a summer class, they have to pay for those units like any other summer school class. If the person has those units rollover to fall, and they're already a fulltime student in fall, those units don't cost anything (because fulltime status is a flat tuition rate).

Return to “Legal Employment”