Part Time Students: Did you work during law school? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
jarofsoup

Gold

Part Time Students: Did you work during law school?

Post by jarofsoup » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:50 pm

I wanted to see if any part time law students could give me some information about being a part time student. Were you able to work during 1L, what kind of work were you able to find, and did you work part time or full time?

Thank you

maf70

Bronze

Re: Part Time Students: Did you work during law school?

Post by maf70 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:53 pm

my school has a part time program. most people do work full or part time. it's actually the ones who don't work that tend to be near the bottom of the class (from what Ive seen). You might be able to find a PT gig with a small firm to work throughout the year. I know a couple of people who have taken this route.

Anonymous User

Re: Part Time Students: Did you work during law school?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:12 am

I did my first year full time. At the end of my first year I landed a job working in the legal department of a large company. I switched to part time and have been working full time while going to school in the evenings.

Although not all, the vast majority of students in the evening program do work full time. During the 1st year, there are more part time students without jobs but they tend to switch into the full time program after the first year.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”