NC Ct. App/DOJ/Cali AG Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
duke2009

New

NC Ct. App/DOJ/Cali AG

Post by duke2009 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:50 am

Hi All,

I'm deliberating over summer internships, and I'd love to get your input. I'm a 2L, my grades weren't very good 1L year, so I'm looking at minimally paid to unpaid internships for the summer. I'm not sure what I want to do after I graduate, so I'm looking to just get whatever valuable legal experience I can. I go to Wake Forest and I'm from North Carolina. While I wouldn't mind working in North Carolina after I graduate, DC and California both are appealing as well. Here are my options:

Interning with a Judge at the NC Court of Appeals (minimally paid, could stay at home for the summer)
Interning with the Office of the Pardon Attorney at the DOJ in DC (unpaid)
Interning with the Civil Rights Division of the California Attorney General (unpaid)

I'd really appreciate your thoughts. Thanks!

duke2009

New

Re: NC Ct. App/DOJ/Cali AG

Post by duke2009 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:51 pm

I'd really appreciate any feedback! Thanks

thexfactor

Silver

Post by thexfactor » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:04 pm

id say NC judge. YOu have the best chance of getting a full time offer from the judge.
Plus it is paid!
It will be almost impossible for you to get a job in NY or cali.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:28 am

Hey OP-

I stumbled on this post and I am in almost the exact same position that you were when you started this topic (WFU 2L with an offer from the CA AG). The only difference is that I am from CA, not NC and I am trying to decide between the AG and a DA's office in SoCal.

I am curious - did you end up working for the CA AG? If so, would you recommend the experience? Do you think it helped you in your search for permanent employment later on?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”