resume distribution service?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

resume distribution service?

Postby speedplane » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:58 pm

Has anyone used a resume distribution service to apply for jobs?

I just got an email about resume launchpad. After a bit of searching I found some others like legal authority. Has anyone used either of these services or something like it? Is it worth the money or should I just stick to OCS and send out job applications myself?

Re: resume distribution service?

Postby imchuckbass58 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:50 pm

The general rule for services like this or headhunters is: If they make you pay for it, it's not worth it. Any reputable headhunter or job service will be paid by employers, not by prospective employees. Chances are if a service is charging prospective employees, it is either (1) not good enough that it can charge employers, or (2) a scam.

Postby mernst » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:19 pm

I have used resume launchpad and can guarantee that it's not a scam. In fact, I have already had an interview with Reed Smith because of it. I can honestly say that it's worth the money as I've had the experience of applying for summer positions as a 2L manually and using resume launchpad for my 3L job search. What it took me weeks to do as a 2L, I was able to do in less than an hour with this service. I was skeptical at first, and did a trial with only a handful of firms. After I was assured it worked (as I received responses from firms that they received my application), I went back and used it to apply to nearly 500 firms I was interested in. Like I said, I've already had one interview because of it and numerous contacts with other firms as they have been reviewing my application. I actually think it's really cheap for what you're able to do with it - and the time you save is incredible, especially when you went to shoot your resume out to just about every firm in the region you're interested in. I have already told several law school friends about resume launchpad who also decided to try it and have had similar success. Highly recommend! Good luck!

Postby LurkerNoMore » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:23 pm

Reported this to the mods --

Anonymous OP asking about a commercial service. Anonymous response extolling the virtues of said service. All right after this service started another thread that was locked for advertising. :roll:

To anyone reading this thread actually looking for legit info -- the answer by imchuckbass58 ITCR.

Postby Wholigan » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:39 pm

Didn't you ever see the episode of The Office where Andy plants Michael in the audience of his sales pitch seminar as a wealthy Greek businessman??? That = this thread

Return to “Legal Employment”