New Job Search Site for Law Students Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
ResumeLaunchpad

New

New Job Search Site for Law Students

Post by ResumeLaunchpad » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:21 am

Hi Everyone,

I am a 3L at a NYC law school and I wanted to tell you about a new job-search website I made. The site makes it easy to send your resumé and cover letter to employers. You can take a look at [EDITED OUT BY MODS: SORRY, NO ADVERTISING HERE.]

Here's how it works: THIS PRODUCT I CAN'T ADVERTISE HERE has a database of about 25,000 legal employers, organized by size, practice area and geographic location. You can search and select firms that you want to apply to. Then, you write your cover letter but leave the firm's name and recipient's name blank. The website automatically inserts the firm's name and recipient's name into your cover letter, similar to a mail-merge. Then upload your resumé and click send; your job application will be emailed to all of the law firms you just selected and they appear to come directly from your email address.

Last year, I used this technology myself and was able to apply to about 300 law firms in a fraction of the time it would take to do so manually. It worked well for me and I thought the idea was good enough to make a website.

This is not a scam. Here are what other law students said:
* "This is truly amazing. Exactly what I've been looking for in my job search."
* "Your site is absolutely awesome. ... This kind of thing was sorely needed."
* "Just wanted to say what a brilliant idea for a site and it's really such a great tool for every law student."

I put a lot of work into the site and I think it can make your life easier.

Check it out: [EDITED OUT BY MODS. SORRY, NO ADVERTISING HERE.]

The site is only about a month old, so I'd love to get your feedback.

Return to “Legal Employment”