Is it worth it?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Is it worth it?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:19 pm

Should I skip school to interview for a 1L SA position in a city that I have no ties to? During the screening interview, I kind of fibbed and said that I wouldn't mind living there for the rest of my life, but I've actually never been there. I don't know how convincing I would be if I were to interview in person. That said, I probably won't get the job. Is it still worth it to go? (I have two other callbacks in places I've actually visited before - should I just focus on those?)

Sup Kid

Re: Is it worth it?

Postby Sup Kid » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:30 pm

Yes, ITE, you ALWAYS skip a day of classes for interviews.

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:32 pm

Dude, this question is all over the place.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:02 am

Sup Kid wrote:Yes, ITE, you ALWAYS skip a day of classes for interviews.

Thanks. It's just for 1L SA though, so I don't know how likely it'll become a permanent position. But yeah, I guess skipping class isn't that big of a deal. I just feel really guilty when I do it, especially because I'm pretty sure this firm isn't going to hire me.

dood

Postby dood » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:10 am

Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks. It's just for 1L SA though, so I don't know how likely it'll become a permanent position. But yeah, I guess skipping class isn't that big of a deal. I just feel really guilty when I do it, especially because I'm pretty sure this firm isn't going to hire me.

how u sure they wont hire u bro? i mean, dude, they invited u back for a callback.

depending on if u have other 1L summer options lined up or not, or how much the firm pays - u should prolly make some white lies and try ur best to get the jorb. hth and good luck!

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:19 am

dood wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

how u sure they wont hire u bro? i mean, dude, they invited u back for a callback.

depending on if u have other 1L summer options lined up or not, or how much the firm pays - u should prolly make some white lies and try ur best to get the jorb. hth and good luck!

Last edited by A'nold on Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:26 am

dood wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks for the advice! I don't think I'll get the job because I have no ties to the city, but I guess it can't hurt to go. I already have another paid job lined up, but this firm pays a lot more. I'll give it a shot.

Return to “Legal Employment”