2011 Top 50 Go-To Law Schools

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
rman1201

Re: 2011 Top 50 Go-To Law Schools

Postby rman1201 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
YourCaptain wrote:
OGR3 wrote:
Sadly, yes: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=148172

Everyone tried to slap some sense into the kid, but it didn't work.

That is one of the most depressing things I've read in a while.

There are ways to respectively respectfully give advice, and these are not them.

$5 says this is lawfreak. Also, FTFY.

lawfreak

Postby lawfreak » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:09 pm

rman1201 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
YourCaptain wrote:
OGR3 wrote:
Sadly, yes: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=148172

Everyone tried to slap some sense into the kid, but it didn't work.

That is one of the most depressing things I've read in a while.

There are ways to respectively respectfully give advice, and these are not them.

$5 says this is lawfreak. Also, FTFY.

Nice try. If it was me I would not have worded it so respectively to the sack of douche bags that you failures in life are!
Last edited by lawfreak on Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FiveSermon

Postby FiveSermon » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:10 pm

Nice try. If it was me I wouldn;t have said it so respectively to the sack of douche bags that you failures in life are!

At least we aren't going to pay sticker for Cardozo looking to get biglaw.

rman1201

Postby rman1201 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:11 pm

lawfreak wrote:Nice try. If it was me I wouldn;t have said it so respectively respectfully to the sack of douche bags that you failures in life are!

FTFY again.

Rand M.

Postby Rand M. » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:13 pm

rman1201 wrote:
lawfreak wrote:Nice try. If it was me I wouldn;t have said it so respectively respectfully to the sack of douche bags that you failures in life are!

FTFY again.

:lol:

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:13 pm

rman1201 wrote:

FTFY again.

I lol'd. He mad.

lawfreak

Postby lawfreak » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:14 pm

rman1201 wrote:

FTFY again.

Don't get too excited about catching my spelling mistakes. I'm typing while watching the Miami game. Truth be told, I should stop wasting time responding to such losers and just enjoy the game. chow!

FiveSermon

Postby FiveSermon » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:15 pm

lawfreak wrote:
rman1201 wrote:

FTFY again.

Don't get too excited about catching my spelling mistakes. I'm typing while watching the Miami game. Truth be told, I should stop wasting time responding to such losers and just enjoy the game. chow!

Chow? You have to be a flame.

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:25 pm

lawfreak wrote:
rman1201 wrote:

FTFY again.

Wait, so you weren't being sarcastic when you used "respectively" the second time? Oh, so you're just an idiot.

PomasThynchon

Postby PomasThynchon » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:26 pm

beachbum wrote:
lawfreak wrote:
rman1201 wrote:

FTFY again.

Wait, so you weren't being sarcastic when you used "respectively" the second time? Oh, so you're just an idiot.

Buuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrn Cityyyyy

PomasThynchon

Postby PomasThynchon » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:27 pm

lawfreak wrote:
rman1201 wrote:

FTFY again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBelT-Xi1CY

rman1201

Postby rman1201 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:35 pm

PomasThynchon wrote:
lawfreak wrote:
rman1201 wrote:

FTFY again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBelT-Xi1CY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ee3xemyQjI

wiseowl

Postby wiseowl » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:36 pm

Hasn't this thread pretty much run its course? Two year old data, easily manipulable, that you can read any way you like. Has little to no effect on the prospects of current and future students.

FiveSermon

Postby FiveSermon » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:40 pm

wiseowl wrote:Hasn't this thread pretty much run its course? Two year old data, easily manipulable, that you can read any way you like. Has little to no effect on the prospects of current and future students.

Actually it's seriously making Cornell look good in my eyes. Call me dumb and gullible but ranking #2 doesn't seem too fluke like to me. It shows that Cornell can at least do as well as most other t14 schools.

PomasThynchon

Postby PomasThynchon » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:46 pm

FiveSermon wrote:
wiseowl wrote:Hasn't this thread pretty much run its course? Two year old data, easily manipulable, that you can read any way you like. Has little to no effect on the prospects of current and future students.

Actually it's seriously making Cornell look good in my eyes. Call me dumb and gullible but ranking #2 doesn't seem too fluke like to me. It shows that Cornell can at least do as well as most other t14 schools.

It's this year's sleeper, that's for damn sure.

wiseowl

Postby wiseowl » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:50 pm

FiveSermon wrote:

I think it shows that Cornell has one target market, and it happens to be the only market where you had any chance of a job ITE. It's not rocket science, but if that's enough to rocket it up someone's list, so be it.

True national schools didn't fare quite as well in this metric. Not surprising.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:50 pm

This data is old (though not entirely since c/o 2010 just graduated in May), but it's not easily manipulated at all. This isn't like USNWR rankings; it's raw numbers of students from each graduating class that are actually working at NLJ250 firms.

tgir

Postby tgir » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:51 pm

+1

FiveSermon

Postby FiveSermon » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:52 pm

wiseowl wrote:
FiveSermon wrote:

I think it shows that Cornell has one target market, and it happens to be the only market where you had any chance of a job ITE. It's not rocket science, but if that's enough to rocket it up someone's list, so be it.

Only true national schools are HYS and I believe a lot of them self select out of biglaw which explains why they didn't do so well.

FiveSermon

Postby FiveSermon » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:53 pm

keg411 wrote:

This data is old (though not entirely since c/o 2010 just graduated in May), but it's not easily manipulated at all. This isn't like USNWR rankings; it's raw numbers of students from each graduating class that are actually working at NLJ250 firms.

This also. Calling NLJ250 firm data manipulable makes you lose credbility and makes you sound like you have no clue what you are talking about.

mrwarre85

Postby mrwarre85 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:55 pm

Anyway to see how many individuals place in these firms from T2/T3? Or, is it just here is the best 50 and that's it. Thanks.

wiseowl

Postby wiseowl » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:55 pm

Before I get slaughtered by the way, my post re:Cornell not being a true national school was tongue in cheek.

I think the data is manipulable in that you can read it any way you like. As has been mentioned, schools with small class sizes get slaughtered here because even 10 people who made OCI mistakes, went PI, started a business, or did anything else not NLJ250 results in them plummeting down the list. If this were somehow corrected for class size, it would be much more useful.

PomasThynchon

Postby PomasThynchon » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:59 pm

FiveSermon wrote:
wiseowl wrote:
FiveSermon wrote:

Only true national schools are HYS and I believe a lot of them self select out of biglaw which explains why they didn't do so well.

When you go to HYS, I guess you realize that you can do literally anything you want and...well...

Other25BeforeYou

Postby Other25BeforeYou » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:03 am

wiseowl wrote:Before I get slaughtered by the way, my post re:Cornell not being a true national school was tongue in cheek.

I think the data is manipulable in that you can read it any way you like. As has been mentioned, schools with small class sizes get slaughtered here because even 10 people who made OCI mistakes, went PI, started a business, or did anything else not NLJ250 results in them plummeting down the list. If this were somehow corrected for class size, it would be much more useful.

But Chicago and Cornell both have small class sizes.

tgir

Postby tgir » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:05 am

I think what was meant is that, when you're comparing outcomes among small schools, tiny differences in how graduates dealt with the financial downtown at each school turn into huge differences in the percentages that ended up at NLJ250.

Return to “Legal Employment”