JAGinterviewz

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Lawquacious

JAGinterviewz

Postby Lawquacious » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:39 pm

So I go to an OCI 'interview' today for Air Force JAG and find out that it is actually a 1:1 info. session- that they aren't even hiring 1L interns. I went to the Army JAG OCI interview a few weeks ago and it was a real interview (and they are hiring 1Ls), so I was caught rather off-guard by this. The 'interviewer' had been working as a JAG for 1 month she said. I feel like the Career Services may be at least partly at fault for not being aware or indicating that this was not a real interview (which it was labeled as). In any case, I felt kind of punk'd by Air Force on this, and after my experiences with both JAG branches I have dealt with I am probably less interested than I was initially (the Army JAG interview was decent, but for that you still have to submit an application after the fact and the Army website to do it through is a major pain if you don't use IE browser. Also, the law school lab computers run IE, but when I tried it on there the network says the Army security certificate is bad...lol).
Last edited by Lawquacious on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LLB2JD

Re: Punk'd by Air Force JAG

Postby LLB2JD » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:45 pm

Lawquacious wrote:So I go to an OCI 'interview' today for Air Force JAG and find out that it is actually a 1:1 info. session- that they aren't even hiring 1L interns. I went to the Army JAG OCI interview a few weeks ago and it was a real interview (and they are hiring 1Ls), so I was caught rather off-guard by this. The 'interviewer' had been working as a JAG for 1 month she said. I feel like the Career Services may be at least partly at fault for not being aware or indicating that this was not a real interview (which it was labeled as). In any case, I felt kind of punk'd by Air Force on this, and after my experiences with both JAG branches I have dealt with I am probably less interested than I was initially (the Army JAG interview was decent, but for that you still have to submit an application after the fact and the Army website to do it through is a major pain if you don't use IE browser. Also, the law school lab computers run IE, but when I tried it on there the network says the Army security certificate is bad...lol).

Boooo @ career services. Not cool at all.

whydididothis

Re: Punk'd by Air Force JAG

Postby whydididothis » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:45 pm

Lawquacious wrote:So I go to an OCI 'interview' today for Air Force JAG and find out that it is actually a 1:1 info. session- that they aren't even hiring 1L interns. I went to the Army JAG OCI interview a few weeks ago and it was a real interview (and they are hiring 1Ls), so I was caught rather off-guard by this. The 'interviewer' had been working as a JAG for 1 month she said. I feel like the Career Services may be at least partly at fault for not being aware or indicating that this was not a real interview (which it was labeled as). In any case, I felt kind of punk'd by Air Force on this, and after my experiences with both JAG branches I have dealt with I am probably less interested than I was initially (the Army JAG interview was decent, but for that you still have to submit an application after the fact and the Army website to do it through is a major pain if you don't use IE browser. Also, the law school lab computers run IE, but when I tried it on there the network says the Army security certificate is bad...lol).

If you did any research on this prior to the interview rather than blindly signing up, you would've known it was an informational interview. Same with the Army interview, where you should've known that it fulfills the FSO requirement but you are still required to submit an application.

Return to “Legal Employment”