URM Below Median at T25-T30

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

URM Below Median at T25-T30

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:48 pm

Woud like so feedback about my situation: I'm an AA male at a regional school and, as the title indicates, I didn't do so hot my first semester (3.0). Thus far, I have yet to get an interview for any jobs that I've applied for (sent resumes to about 40-50). I want to go back out to the northeast to preferably work in a mid-sized law firm. I'm not too worried about this summer but I'm thinking in terms of my next summer. Would it be stupid not to go to any diversity law/oci fairs this summer? Any suggestion to help alleviate my situation besides to do better because thats always the goal.

I also realize that I'm out of region but I only came here because of a significant scholarship opportunity. Thanks for the help.

TTH

Re: URM Below Median at T25-T30

Postby TTH » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Would it be stupid not to go to any diversity law/oci fairs this summer?

Probably. Why wouldn't you go?

Kohinoor

Postby Kohinoor » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Woud like so feedback about my situation: I'm an AA male at a regional school and, as the title indicates, I didn't do so hot my first semester (3.0). Thus far, I have yet to get an interview for any jobs that I've applied for (sent resumes to about 40-50). I want to go back out to the northeast to preferably work in a mid-sized law firm. I'm not too worried about this summer but I'm thinking in terms of my next summer. Would it be stupid not to go to any diversity law/oci fairs this summer? Any suggestion to help alleviate my situation besides to do better because thats always the goal.

I also realize that I'm out of region but I only came here because of a significant scholarship opportunity. Thanks for the help.

Shouldn't you be throwing up every Hail Mary you can? You're the guy that can't afford not to go.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:28 pm

Kohinoor wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Woud like so feedback about my situation: I'm an AA male at a regional school and, as the title indicates, I didn't do so hot my first semester (3.0). Thus far, I have yet to get an interview for any jobs that I've applied for (sent resumes to about 40-50). I want to go back out to the northeast to preferably work in a mid-sized law firm. I'm not too worried about this summer but I'm thinking in terms of my next summer. Would it be stupid not to go to any diversity law/oci fairs this summer? Any suggestion to help alleviate my situation besides to do better because thats always the goal.

Shouldn't you be throwing up every Hail Mary you can? You're the guy that can't afford not to go.

Warranted. But I'm not so sure how opportune it would be esp. if the firms have stringent grade cut-offs. But then again I really don't know much about oci, the bidding process, lotteries, etc.

Return to “Legal Employment”