Doing Fall OCI as a 2L again

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Doing Fall OCI as a 2L again

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:27 pm

Due to my recent part time status at CCN, I will be doing Fall OCI again as a 2L rather than a 3L. This seems like a rather unique situation that OCS is not fully sure how will work, so curious if anyone has any experience with this and how they managed it? I got no callbacks from Fall OCI and will be working for a state atty office this summer after having worked for the DOJ last summer. Appreciate it, thanks.

A'nold

Re: Doing Fall OCI as a 2L again

Postby A'nold » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Due to my recent part time status at CCN, I will be doing Fall OCI again as a 2L rather than a 3L. This seems like a rather unique situation that OCS is not fully sure how will work, so curious if anyone has any experience with this and how they managed it? I got no callbacks from Fall OCI and will be working for a state atty office this summer after having worked for the DOJ last summer. Appreciate it, thanks.

Can I do this now on a quarter system where I am 2/3 of the way done w/ 2L year? :wink: Leave of absence + top 5% ftw. 8)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:47 pm

I am not doing the part time b/c of employment, but for personal reasons that would require either this or a leave. I much rather be full time and forced to do OCI as a 3L rather than deal w/ the circumstances that have required this change of status. I don't want this to become a thread for people to start debating the merits or decisions about if they should take a leave/part-time to better their employment prospects. In reality, it is unknown what the effect this will have on my prospects and OCS does not seem to have much idea either.

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I am not doing the part time b/c of employment, but for personal reasons that would require either this or a leave. I much rather be full time and forced to do OCI as a 3L rather than deal w/ the circumstances that have required this change of status. I don't want this to become a thread for people to start debating the merits or decisions about if they should take a leave/part-time to better their employment prospects. In reality, it is unknown what the effect this will have on my prospects and OCS does not seem to have much idea either.

Sorry, I was just kidding dude.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:33 am

Anonymous User wrote:Due to my recent part time status at CCN, I will be doing Fall OCI again as a 2L rather than a 3L. This seems like a rather unique situation that OCS is not fully sure how will work, so curious if anyone has any experience with this and how they managed it? I got no callbacks from Fall OCI and will be working for a state atty office this summer after having worked for the DOJ last summer. Appreciate it, thanks.

Sorry to hear about your situation; I'm sure whatever happened was unfortunate, but good of you to stick with it. I also came away empty-handed at OCI @ CCN... my advice would be to just try and network as much as possible now... don't rely on OCI, start being as proactive as possible.

Wish you all the best.

MrAnon

Postby MrAnon » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:56 am

if you got no bites in your first go-round you won't knock any employers socks off this time, when they find out you are a 4 year student....doesn't really matter what made you a four year student. You are going to be interviewed by CLS alums and the whole concept will be foreign to them.

Return to “Legal Employment”