Got offer from Govt. Email firms?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Got offer from Govt. Email firms?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:28 pm

Just got an offer from hometown USAO today. I have to accept by March 9. I bet this is a pretty firm deadline, because they have to do background checks and stuff. Also, it may actually not be possible to split, depending on if I get a firm offer and when it starts.

Would yall recommend sending a nice emails to the following people to try to get a decision either way?

1) the firm I did the callback with a week ago
2) the 3 outstanding interviews from OCI 2 weeks ago
3) the firm I just did an initial interview with on Monday

Thanks, all.

Sup Kid

Re: Got offer from Govt. Email firms?

Postby Sup Kid » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:17 am

1) Yes, tell them the situation and give them the deadline USAO gave you. Make sure that if you do this you are ready to accept the firm on the spot if they extend you an offer.
2&3) A quick email won't hurt, but it also probably won't help, sorry. Especially for #2 firms, if you haven't received a callback by now, you're probably not getting one.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:35 am

Bump for night crowd.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:54 am

Anonymous User wrote:Bump for night crowd.

In a similar position with two other entities that I had callbacks with. I immediately sent them both the update email, and explained to one that they were my top choice and that I would accept an offer if extended. My deadline is a little tighter than yours, but still, I think it's within reason to tell the callback firm to step up. The others, not so much.

Return to “Legal Employment”