Received offer in Jan - what now?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Received offer in Jan - what now?

Postby jaydee2013 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:32 pm

1L here, received a district court summer internship offer last month. Should I be maintaining ANY form of contact with the judge, or his clerks, during the next couple of months? It feels unsettling to just sit here, doing nothing. I feel like they'll forget about me if I don't send updates, news, or questions.

I suppose this question can also pertain to 2Ls who snagged an internship offer during the early fall... are they supposed to maintain any contact with the employer during those 7+ months?

May seem like a silly question, but I legitimately do not know what is expected of future interns during the several month wait before an internship has begun.
Last edited by jaydee2013 on Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Received offer in Jan - what now?

Postby thesealocust » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:34 pm

No, you aren't supposed to maintain contact. You'll find out what you need to find out, except that you should feel free to call / email and set up your starting and ending dates/times if you have not already. They won't forget about you, but you also really aren't important to them in the grand scheme of things.

For 2L SA positions, the firm will be in touch with you for whatever is necessary.

Return to “Legal Employment”