Call to check receipt of internship app?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Call to check receipt of internship app?

Postby piccolittle » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:50 pm

Quick silly question for people who may have more common sense than I do right now...

I have applied for a 0L internship with my local DA (they do accept 0Ls, apparently, and my current job ends in April). I applied in early January, by snail mail. As I am currently living abroad, I am pretty worried by this point that my application may have been lost in the mail. Should I call and ask if the ADA has an email address that I can also send my materials to, or am I jumping the gun a little bit? Obviously I don't want to piss her off, but I'm worried that they are looking at everyone now and haven't received my app for some reason.

FWIW, I feel that I am a pretty good candidate for a 0L internship there, assuming they do in fact offer them (PM for details if interested). Their website says they do, and they feature an article by some kid for his college newspaper on the experience. So, fair enough, maybe they did get my app and they hate me, but tbh I'd be surprised not to get a phone interview, or something.

Should I call now, should I wait a few more weeks to call, or am I nuts?

Return to “Legal Employment”