TTT to admit fewer students due to ITE

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
FiveSermon

Re: TTT to admit fewer students due to ITE

Postby FiveSermon » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:42 pm

General Tso wrote:
JPrezy87 wrote: whoa whoa..since when was I being snobbish? I was attacking general tso for being a snob not being snoobish myself! and i agree that many law schools below tier 2 do place their grads very well...and what law school you go to doesn't determine how successful you're going to be!

saying there's no difference b/w T3 and T4 is not being snobby. telling people never to go to law school unless they get into a T14 school is snobby. I would tell some people to attend a T3/T4 if the price is right and if their expectations are realistic. If you can go for nearly free and are okay making 40-50k then I see no reason why not.

FWIW I am attending an expensive T1 at sticker and I don't expect to make much more than that figure I just quoted.

Independently wealthy? How will you pay off t1 at sticker with 50k/year?

General Tso

Re: TTT to admit fewer students due to ITE

Postby General Tso » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:45 pm

no not at all. I am looking at 65k debt at Hastings. I get need based grants of around 10k per year. My parents are paying for a little bit of my tuition. I had about 35k savings from when I was working full time (2.5 years @ 40k...I was saving 50%+ of my paychecks). And I am taking extreme measures to save on rent ($425 per month in an east bay hell hole with roomates).

My parents have never made more than 50-60k combined in their lives.

65k debt is around $750 per month. A 60k salary (which is pretty typical for a CA small firm, I hope) is just under $4000 per month after taxes. I am a pretty scrupulous person..I think I will make it.

Return to “Legal Employment”