Still haven't been contacted with SA start dates...

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Still haven't been contacted with SA start dates...

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:27 pm

Anyone else in the same boat? I'm trying to make housing arrangements and now I'm starting to become worried I'm going to be reneged on (though the firm isn't in public financial turmoil or anything). Is it appropriate to contact the firm at this point?

JazzOne

Re: Still haven't been contacted with SA start dates...

Postby JazzOne » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone else in the same boat? I'm trying to make housing arrangements and now I'm starting to become worried I'm going to be reneged on (though the firm isn't in public financial turmoil or anything). Is it appropriate to contact the firm at this point?

I think it's fine to contact the recruiter. I probably wouldn't bother the partners or anything like that.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone else in the same boat? I'm trying to make housing arrangements and now I'm starting to become worried I'm going to be reneged on (though the firm isn't in public financial turmoil or anything). Is it appropriate to contact the firm at this point?

My firm contacted us only a week ago and that was just to let us know that they were still putting the details together.

KMaine

Postby KMaine » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:43 pm

I think this is pretty standard for many firms. No need to worry that the firm has reneged.

Return to “Legal Employment”