Researching Internship and Job Opportunities

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
MRAJ

Researching Internship and Job Opportunities

Postby MRAJ » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:22 pm

I am interested in staying in New York once I graduate law school and was wondering if there was any way to look up the employment and internship opportunities before accepting admittance to a certain school. Some of the schools I am considering are Villanova, Temple, Penn State, UConn, and Northeastern.

BlueDiamond

Re: Researching Internship and Job Opportunities

Postby BlueDiamond » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:26 pm

MRAJ wrote:I am interested in staying in New York once I graduate law school and was wondering if there was any way to look up the employment and internship opportunities before accepting admittance to a certain school. Some of the schools I am considering are Villanova, Temple, Penn State, UConn, and Northeastern.

you say you want to STAY in New York.. yet you are applying to 5 schools outside NY? if you cant go T-14.. go to the best regional school for the area you want to work that also wont drown you with debt.. if you want buffalo go UB.. syracuse go to syracuse.. albany go to albany

OGR3

Postby OGR3 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:29 pm

BlueDiamond wrote:
MRAJ wrote:I am interested in staying in New York once I graduate law school and was wondering if there was any way to look up the employment and internship opportunities before accepting admittance to a certain school. Some of the schools I am considering are Villanova, Temple, Penn State, UConn, and Northeastern.

you say you want to STAY in New York.. yet you are applying to 5 schools outside NY? if you cant go T-14.. go to the best regional school for the area you want to work that also wont drown you with debt.. if you want buffalo go UB.. syracuse go to syracuse.. albany go to albany

If you want NYC, go to NYLS at sticker.

Dr. Review

Postby Dr. Review » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:31 pm

OGR3 wrote:
BlueDiamond wrote:

If you want NYC, go to NYLS at sticker.

I lol'd

MRAJ

Postby MRAJ » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:41 pm

BlueDiamond wrote:

I've applied to schools in New York, but clearly there are opportunities to work in New York when you attend schools in New York. I'm more interested in whether or not schools just outside of New York will afford me the opportunity to work here.

BarbellDreams

Postby BarbellDreams » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:24 pm

Go to NYLS but tell people and put down on your resume that you go to NYU. They're practically the same thing and thats how all the smart law grads got jobs.

Return to “Legal Employment”