Thank you card or no?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Thank you card or no?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:43 am

Interview w/a partner--killed it.

Got an email the same afternoon of the interview from the same partner who I interviewed with, asking me to come to the firm's office and meet the other partners and associates. Told to wait until someone calls to set up a time.

Although my reply email was a quick (paraphrasing here) "thanks, sounds great, looking forward to it," is it still necessary to do a thank you card/email? My inclination is no.

mar12

Re: Thank you card or no?

Postby mar12 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:20 pm

I agree with you. Skip the thank you card this time, unless you have something very specific to put in it. Like -- here is the link to that website we were talking about; or I found this article that you might like given our discussion.

You have the second interview, that's what counts. I found this information website to have useful interview advice.

nigelfrost

Postby nigelfrost » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:26 pm

I personally think ALL "thank you" cards are a relic of the early 20th century. You can have the same effect with an email and no one is going to think "This douche couldn't go down to Hallmark and buy some gold-leaf note to say 'thanks?'" So...no. No need for a card.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:12 pm

Thanks for the responses. They reinforced my persuasion.

Return to “Legal Employment”