Big Law Market with the Least Competition/Work Load Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
dr123

Gold

Re: Big Law Market with the Least Competition/Work Load

Post by dr123 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:34 pm

wildcats2008 wrote:"really? Have you ever worked a 60 hour work week its fucking rough. I work 50-55 hour weeks sometimes and by the end of the week I'm always wiped"

of course it is. the reality of the working world sucks which is why it always amazes me when people are so desperate to get out of college and start earning some $.
TBF I prefer 50 hour work weeks to writing papers, taking tests, and all the bs of college that wasnt getting drunk and having fun

wildcats2008

New

Post by wildcats2008 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:36 pm

"TBF I prefer 50 hour work weeks to writing papers, taking tests, and all the bs of college that wasnt getting drunk and having fun"

I guess I'm the opposite then. I love college, which is why I'm trying to delay the inevitable as long as possible. Also, a 50 hour work week sounds amazing. How did you manage to get that type of job?

arism87

Silver

Post by arism87 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:38 pm

dr123 wrote:
wildcats2008 wrote:"really? Have you ever worked a 60 hour work week its fucking rough. I work 50-55 hour weeks sometimes and by the end of the week I'm always wiped"

of course it is. the reality of the working world sucks which is why it always amazes me when people are so desperate to get out of college and start earning some $.
TBF I prefer 50 hour work weeks to writing papers, taking tests, and all the bs of college that wasnt getting drunk and having fun
I don't mind 60 hours/week at all. It definitely takes some getting used to after the UG lifestyle at least, but I work at least 60 hours/week and for <$50K so... no complaints from me if I end up getting paid almost 4x this much for the same hours :?

Cupidity

Gold

Post by Cupidity » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:39 pm

I just met a guy who billed 2700 hours. I don't know how he is alive.

dr123

Gold

Post by dr123 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:41 pm

wildcats2008 wrote:"TBF I prefer 50 hour work weeks to writing papers, taking tests, and all the bs of college that wasnt getting drunk and having fun"

I guess I'm the opposite then. I love college, which is why I'm trying to delay the inevitable as long as possible. Also, a 50 hour work week sounds amazing. How did you manage to get that type of job?
I dunno applied for it and then interviewed and got the job. my 50/55 hr weeks kind of suck cause I dont get paid by the hour and don't get ot, but i really like what i do and usually work 9-5 unless im swamped so its all good

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Patriot1208

Platinum

Post by Patriot1208 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:51 pm

dr123 wrote:
arism87 wrote:
wildcats2008 wrote:Many wealthy people work 60 hours/week and still have lives. They just have to make some sacrifices.
Well compared to the horror stories you hear on TLS, 60 hours isn't that bad- perhaps that's what OP is asking about
really? Have you ever worked a 60 hour work week its fucking rough. I work 50-55 hour weeks sometimes and by the end of the week I'm always wiped
Meh, It's not so bad if your commute isn't bad. I work about 30, i'm in class 18, and I spend at least 15 hours a week doing school work. I know my experience is different because it's work and school, but I still have time to work out and have a life.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”