1L OCI Lottery Interview Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
TTH

Diamond

1L OCI Lottery Interview

Post by TTH » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:42 am

So I scored an interview with the one good firm coming to 1L OCI through the lottery, and I'm wondering just how low my expectations for the interview should be. The way I see it, a firm is not looking to hire a lot of 1Ls (although this firm hired 5 in 08 and 4 in '09), and they didn't pre-select me.

Has anyone ever gotten the CB after a lottery screener? It just seems like there's nothing I'm gonna say or do in a 20 minute screening interview that's going to make them love me that much given that I'm sure the people they pre-selected are top 5-10% (like I said, this is the best employer of the four that came to OCI), and I'm around top 25%.

Thoughts?

Borhas

Platinum

Re: 1L OCI Lottery Interview

Post by Borhas » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:52 am

show up with a couple of beers under your belt, relaxed knowing you have nothing to lose
Last edited by Borhas on Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

traehekat

Gold

Re: 1L OCI Lottery Interview

Post by traehekat » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:59 am

Eh, just treat it like any other interview. If nothing else it will be decent practice.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”