2L SA 2011...still no info about program.

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
NDDT

2L SA 2011...still no info about program.

Postby NDDT » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:56 am

Accepted 2L SA from OCI, but haven't heard anything regarding start dates, duration, etc. Is anybody else out there in the dark as well, or is it just me?

Anonymous User

Re: 2L SA 2011...still no info about program.

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:21 am

Yep, I'm with you (sort of). Firm sent along some "presents" after the new years and said they would let us know by late April what the program details would be. I wouldn't sweat it out, I think this is normal considering firms have a lot more pressing concerns on their plates!

NDDT

Postby NDDT » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:39 pm

Yeah, I figured as much. It just makes me all neurotic when classmates ask me what my start dates are and I have heard nothing at all.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:52 pm

I'm with you on this one. I went to the firm's xmas party, and had fun meeting everyone there. Since then, it's been radio silence. I assume that they assume I'm busy with school, and since I won't be starting for several months anyhow, I don't imagine that lack of word is a big deal. If I don't hear from them by March, I'll probably email someone in the office, give them my finals schedule, and ask about a start date.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:36 pm

Late April? Now I'm really scared. I haven't heard yet either and it's in a city that has a low supply of reasonably priced housing. Guess I will be hopping from hostel to hostel.

LurkerNoMore

Postby LurkerNoMore » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:32 am

Anonymous User wrote:Late April? Now I'm really scared. I haven't heard yet either and it's in a city that has a low supply of reasonably priced housing. Guess I will be hopping from hostel to hostel.

Chill. :D

Call them up you are that worried. They may not have made final plans, but they can probably tell you mid-May or not until June for start dates and how long they think the program will last.

Also, it sounds like you are going to a big firm. If your city has a low supply of housing, it's going to also be pretty inflexible on negotiating perfect dates for you. There is absolutely no reason you can't can't get a sublet without knowing your precise dates. If you end up needing to "over-rent" for a couple of weeks, it's not the end of the world and is pretty common, even for those that know their precise start and end dates. Likewise, needing to find other arrangements for a week or so on the beginning or end of the program you'll be able to manage.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:03 pm

wait another week or so until march. Then email them if you don't get anything. If no response call them.

I just got my packet in the mail yesterday.

Return to “Legal Employment”