TTT, below median 1L, just had interview w/ solo, taking Qs

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
El_Gallo

Re: TTT, below median 1L, just had interview w/ solo, taking Qs

Postby El_Gallo » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:08 pm

fatduck wrote:--LinkRemoved--

best 5:21 you will ever spend

Haha...so great! I wish I had been part of the Golden Days of TLS

rman1201

Postby rman1201 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:09 pm

I so badly want to believe.

OP: Is there anything you can say to verify authenticity?

erico

Postby erico » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:14 pm

nyknicks wrote:Sometimes you have to do bad if you want to do good. It is like when James Vanderbeek hit the mascot with the football in Varsity Blues in order to rally his team.. but I digress.

Wow. Just wow.

fatduck

Postby fatduck » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:22 pm

blazinswordofjustice

Postby blazinswordofjustice » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:23 pm

nyknicks wrote:
dood wrote:
nyknicks wrote:They said it couldn't be done ITE, but I'm about to land a 1L summer gig (slightly) below median at a TTT. Taking Q's on how I accomplished it.

pics of the lawyer lady plz.

I would never disrespect an attorney. Also, I do not want to out myself. Can someone please tell me how to make an anonymous account?

Also, serious questions only please.

pics or it didn't happen...

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:58 pm

WTF are you talking about?

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:26 pm

romothesavior wrote:

Romo is smarter than op. I don't think he could dumb it down this much, even if he tried very hard.

rman1201

Postby rman1201 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:28 pm

A'nold wrote:
romothesavior wrote:

Romo is smarter than op. I don't think he could dumb it down this much, even if he tried very hard.

Agreed. It just makes no sense - a join date in 2009 but such a long history of obscure posts, it has to be some sort of alt.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:36 pm

rman1201 wrote:Agreed. It just makes no sense - a join date in 2009 but such a long history of obscure posts, it has to be some sort of alt.

I can assure you that if it was my alt, it would be a lot more lulzy. :lol:

OP, it sounds you are set. Between that acting experience in high school and your friends working in hospitals, I think you have all you need. And I'm sure this solo will sell you her firm.

Go get em, tiger.

KamaalTheAbstract

Postby KamaalTheAbstract » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:27 pm

Make it worth your while and sue her at the end of the summer. Its illegal to make someone work for you and not pay if the employer isn't government or a non profit.

holdencaulfield

Postby holdencaulfield » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:33 pm

nyknicks wrote:I would never disrespect an attorney. Also, I do not want to out myself. Can someone please tell me how to make an anonymous account?

Seriously?

holdencaulfield

Postby holdencaulfield » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:37 pm

nyknicks wrote:
I took several acting classes in both high school and undergrad, so I am comfortable in my ability to create quality local television commercials. Additionally, I do not mind cold calling and have several friends who work in hospitals. I can always pay these friends a fee for referring personal injury victims to you.

lol, there is no way this is real.

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:57 pm

holdencaulfield wrote:
nyknicks wrote:
I took several acting classes in both high school and undergrad, so I am comfortable in my ability to create quality local television commercials. Additionally, I do not mind cold calling and have several friends who work in hospitals. I can always pay these friends a fee for referring personal injury victims to you.

lol, there is no way this is real.

WOW, your incredible ability to spot this is blowing my mind right now! :shock:

holdencaulfield

Postby holdencaulfield » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:58 pm

A'nold wrote:WOW, your incredible ability to spot this is blowing my mind right now! :shock:

Stop it, you're making me blush.

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:06 pm

holdencaulfield wrote:
A'nold wrote:WOW, your incredible ability to spot this is blowing my mind right now! :shock:

Sorry, that was way more snark then I should have given.

I just feel like some of you guys must have lived very sheltered lives or something when you can actually say something like "man, this just can't be true" to like the most obvious flame on the board right now.

holdencaulfield

Postby holdencaulfield » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:27 pm

A'nold wrote:
holdencaulfield wrote:

I just feel like some of you guys must have lived very sheltered lives or something when you can actually say something like "man, this just can't be true" to like the most obvious flame on the board right now.

No worries. I actually feel that people like flame OP might really exist...which is scary.

It's not too much of a stretch to think that students at lower schools would mass mail solo's in a desperate attempt to land a summer legal job. From there, it's not hard to imagine a lawyer offering an unpaid position. An indirect statement about Westlaw access might follow. Something like, "We don't have any extra computers, so can you use your own laptop **coughandfreewestlawcough** for research?" Lastly, I'm sure there are guys who would brag about landing such a job.

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:08 am

holdencaulfield wrote:
A'nold wrote:
holdencaulfield wrote:

No worries. I actually feel that people like flame OP might really exist...which is scary.

It's not too much of a stretch to think that students at lower schools would mass mail solo's in a desperate attempt to land a summer legal job. From there, it's not hard to imagine a lawyer offering an unpaid position. An indirect statement about Westlaw access might follow. Something like, "We don't have any extra computers, so can you use your own laptop **coughandfreewestlawcough** for research?" Lastly, I'm sure there are guys who would brag about landing such a job.

Yeah but if you read his posts he is definitely flaming. One of the first giveaways was him bragging about "wearing an American flag pin" on his suit that he bought off the rack or whatever. While that could actually happen irl, the way he said it was just WAY too much.

CaptainCrunch

Postby CaptainCrunch » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:52 pm

A noble attempt, OP. Noble indeed. In the future, remember that subtlety goes a long way.

That jumpjump thread... there's just no words for how awesome it was. The pompousness just rocked my dome.

Return to “Legal Employment”